Tuesday, August 19 - Homily: Christ Became Poor to Make Us Rich
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
8/19/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Father goes over the readings, psalm, and antiphons of today's liturgy, and shows how Jesus became poor for us, and by being united to Him, we become shares in the Divine Life of God, which is worth more than all the ephemeral riches of this passing world. And looking at today's saint, St. Louis of Toulouse, we can see a man who did give up all, became poor, and shared in the self-giving of Christ, being rewarded for his labors by entering into paradise at the young age of twenty-four. Let us choose the last and lowest place, setting all aside for the sake of the Gospel, and become rich in the eyes of God.
Looking at today's saint, St. Louis of Toulouse, we can see a man who did give up all, became poor, and shared in the self-giving of Christ, being rewarded for his labors by entering into paradise at the young age of twenty-four.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JANUARY 2018
Religious Minorities in Asia. That Christians, and other religious minorities in Asian countries, may be able to practise their faith in full freedom.
Listen, put it into your heart, my youngest and dearest son, that the thing that frightens you, the thing that afflicts you, is nothing: ... continue reading
John the Baptist spoke what was true, and died for having spoken it. Some might think his decision was extreme, radical even. Racial? Yes, ... continue reading
It is important to understand that sin and God's holiness are incompatible. There is a radical conflict between the total and infinite ... continue reading
Fr. Joachim on how we have so many opportunities to heroically follow the Vicar of Christ, the pope in these difficult times. continue reading
In today's Gospel, Jesus tells us that non-practicing Catholics are fools who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD Video
- Why are the youth leaving the Church?
- Pope Francis: Faith is an adventure!
- St. Fillan: Saint of the Day for Friday, January 19, 2018
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 20th, 2018 HD Video
- Jobless claims historic low! - Why workers are getting raises this ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, January 19, 2018
- Daily Reading for Friday, January 19th, 2018 HD
- North and South Korea agree to march together at the Olympics with first ever joint team HD
- CDC: Swine flu joining killer influenza outbreak, expected to become more severe HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 18th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education