Tuesday, August 19 - Homily: Christ Became Poor to Make Us Rich
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
8/19/2014 (2 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Father goes over the readings, psalm, and antiphons of today's liturgy, and shows how Jesus became poor for us, and by being united to Him, we become shares in the Divine Life of God, which is worth more than all the ephemeral riches of this passing world. And looking at today's saint, St. Louis of Toulouse, we can see a man who did give up all, became poor, and shared in the self-giving of Christ, being rewarded for his labors by entering into paradise at the young age of twenty-four. Let us choose the last and lowest place, setting all aside for the sake of the Gospel, and become rich in the eyes of God.
Looking at today's saint, St. Louis of Toulouse, we can see a man who did give up all, became poor, and shared in the self-giving of Christ, being rewarded for his labors by entering into paradise at the young age of twenty-four.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for MARCH 2017
Support for Persecuted Christians. That persecuted Christians may be supported by the prayers and material help of the whole Church.
Listen, put it into your heart, my youngest and dearest son, that the thing that frightens you, the thing that afflicts you, is nothing: ... continue reading
It is important to understand that sin and God's holiness are incompatible. There is a radical conflict between the total and infinite ... continue reading
Fr. Joachim on how we have so many opportunities to heroically follow the Vicar of Christ, the pope in these difficult times. continue reading
In today's Gospel, Jesus tells us that non-practicing Catholics are fools who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. continue reading
All the virtues that St. John the Baptist practiced began with his sanctification by Marian mediation. Father explains some of these ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 27
- 'Living Lent': Saturday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 25
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, March 25, 2017
- St. Dismas: Saint of the Day for Saturday, March 25, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 26
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Cause of cancer detected from unexpected and unpreventable element HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.