Tuesday, August 19 - Homily: Christ Became Poor to Make Us Rich
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
8/19/2014 (2 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Father goes over the readings, psalm, and antiphons of today's liturgy, and shows how Jesus became poor for us, and by being united to Him, we become shares in the Divine Life of God, which is worth more than all the ephemeral riches of this passing world. And looking at today's saint, St. Louis of Toulouse, we can see a man who did give up all, became poor, and shared in the self-giving of Christ, being rewarded for his labors by entering into paradise at the young age of twenty-four. Let us choose the last and lowest place, setting all aside for the sake of the Gospel, and become rich in the eyes of God.
Looking at today's saint, St. Louis of Toulouse, we can see a man who did give up all, became poor, and shared in the self-giving of Christ, being rewarded for his labors by entering into paradise at the young age of twenty-four.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JULY 2017
Lapsed Christians. That our brothers and sisters who have strayed from the faith, through our prayer and witness to the Gospel, may rediscover the merciful closeness of the Lord and the beauty of the Christian life.
Listen, put it into your heart, my youngest and dearest son, that the thing that frightens you, the thing that afflicts you, is nothing: ... continue reading
It is important to understand that sin and God's holiness are incompatible. There is a radical conflict between the total and infinite ... continue reading
Fr. Joachim on how we have so many opportunities to heroically follow the Vicar of Christ, the pope in these difficult times. continue reading
In today's Gospel, Jesus tells us that non-practicing Catholics are fools who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. continue reading
All the virtues that St. John the Baptist practiced began with his sanctification by Marian mediation. Father explains some of these ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Many Blessings! Family celebrates 100 children
- St. Bridget of Sweden: Saint of the Day for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- Vatican says report on abuse in Germany shows progress in fight ...
- Video captures moment killer quake strikes in Greece
- Daily Readings for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD