Tuesday, August 19 - Homily: Christ Became Poor to Make Us Rich
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
8/19/2014 (2 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Father goes over the readings, psalm, and antiphons of today's liturgy, and shows how Jesus became poor for us, and by being united to Him, we become shares in the Divine Life of God, which is worth more than all the ephemeral riches of this passing world. And looking at today's saint, St. Louis of Toulouse, we can see a man who did give up all, became poor, and shared in the self-giving of Christ, being rewarded for his labors by entering into paradise at the young age of twenty-four. Let us choose the last and lowest place, setting all aside for the sake of the Gospel, and become rich in the eyes of God.
Looking at today's saint, St. Louis of Toulouse, we can see a man who did give up all, became poor, and shared in the self-giving of Christ, being rewarded for his labors by entering into paradise at the young age of twenty-four.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for MAY 2017
Christians in Africa. That Christians in Africa, in imitation of the Merciful Jesus, may give prophetic witness to reconciliation, justice, and peace.
Listen, put it into your heart, my youngest and dearest son, that the thing that frightens you, the thing that afflicts you, is nothing: ... continue reading
It is important to understand that sin and God's holiness are incompatible. There is a radical conflict between the total and infinite ... continue reading
Fr. Joachim on how we have so many opportunities to heroically follow the Vicar of Christ, the pope in these difficult times. continue reading
In today's Gospel, Jesus tells us that non-practicing Catholics are fools who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. continue reading
All the virtues that St. John the Baptist practiced began with his sanctification by Marian mediation. Father explains some of these ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- St. Augustine of Canterbury: Saint of the Day for Saturday, May 27, 2017
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- Catholic Hostages: Filipino Cardinal prays for Islamic militants to ...
- Daily Readings for Saturday, May 27, 2017
- 26 Coptic Christians BRUTALLY MURDERED on bus to St. Samuel Monastery ...
- First US female genital mutilation case tries to use Religious ...
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.