Monday, June 30 - Homily: He Gave All to Preach the Gospel
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
6/30/2014 (2 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Father comments on today's Gospel reading, pointing out that Our Lord isn't telling us to neglect our duties; rather, we must put Him first in everything. Today's blessed gives us an example of one who heard the call, and did leave everything to follow God. Bl. Raymond Lull left his high position at court, founded a college for the training of missionaries, and, after many years of promoting the missions, went to Northern Africa himself at the age of 79, preached the Gospel, and there was stoned. He died of his injuries after be rescued, but before reaching home. He gave all to bring the Faith to others, what have we done?
Bl. Raymond Lull left his high position at court, founded a college for the training of missionaries, and, after many years of promoting the missions, went to Northern Africa himself at the age of 79, preached the Gospel, and there was stoned.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JUNE 2017
National Leaders. That national leaders may firmly commit themselves to ending the arms trade, which victimizes so many innocent people.
Listen, put it into your heart, my youngest and dearest son, that the thing that frightens you, the thing that afflicts you, is nothing: ... continue reading
It is important to understand that sin and God's holiness are incompatible. There is a radical conflict between the total and infinite ... continue reading
Fr. Joachim on how we have so many opportunities to heroically follow the Vicar of Christ, the pope in these difficult times. continue reading
In today's Gospel, Jesus tells us that non-practicing Catholics are fools who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. continue reading
All the virtues that St. John the Baptist practiced began with his sanctification by Marian mediation. Father explains some of these ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- On the Path to Sainthood: The remarkable story of a young women and ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, June 23, 2017
- North Korea's secret strategy revealed HD Video
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Friday, June 23, 2017
- When it comes to healthcare reform, listen to our bishops!
- A Serial Killer's Last Words: The hidden motive behind Ted Bundy's ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 23rd, 2017 HD
- What if an asteroid strikes near you? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 HD
- Killer supervolcano under Yellowstone stirs as 500 earthquakes hit park HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.