Monday, June 30 - Homily: He Gave All to Preach the Gospel
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
6/30/2014 (2 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Father comments on today's Gospel reading, pointing out that Our Lord isn't telling us to neglect our duties; rather, we must put Him first in everything. Today's blessed gives us an example of one who heard the call, and did leave everything to follow God. Bl. Raymond Lull left his high position at court, founded a college for the training of missionaries, and, after many years of promoting the missions, went to Northern Africa himself at the age of 79, preached the Gospel, and there was stoned. He died of his injuries after be rescued, but before reaching home. He gave all to bring the Faith to others, what have we done?
Bl. Raymond Lull left his high position at court, founded a college for the training of missionaries, and, after many years of promoting the missions, went to Northern Africa himself at the age of 79, preached the Gospel, and there was stoned.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for APRIL 2017
Young People. That young people may respond generously to their vocations and seriously consider offering themselves to God in the priesthood or consecrated life.
Listen, put it into your heart, my youngest and dearest son, that the thing that frightens you, the thing that afflicts you, is nothing: ... continue reading
It is important to understand that sin and God's holiness are incompatible. There is a radical conflict between the total and infinite ... continue reading
Fr. Joachim on how we have so many opportunities to heroically follow the Vicar of Christ, the pope in these difficult times. continue reading
In today's Gospel, Jesus tells us that non-practicing Catholics are fools who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. continue reading
All the virtues that St. John the Baptist practiced began with his sanctification by Marian mediation. Father explains some of these ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- St. Catherine of Siena: Saint of the Day for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Daily Readings for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Deacon Keith Fournier: Road to Emmaus - Jesus Walks with Us on the ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 HD Video
- Catherine of Siena: We Need Saints for this Missionary Age
- Enter Into Intimate Communion with Christ: It's the Only Way to Live
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt with powerful message HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 1st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 30th, 2017 HD
- Day 9 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 8 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.