Monday, June 30 - Homily: He Gave All to Preach the Gospel
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
6/30/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Father comments on today's Gospel reading, pointing out that Our Lord isn't telling us to neglect our duties; rather, we must put Him first in everything. Today's blessed gives us an example of one who heard the call, and did leave everything to follow God. Bl. Raymond Lull left his high position at court, founded a college for the training of missionaries, and, after many years of promoting the missions, went to Northern Africa himself at the age of 79, preached the Gospel, and there was stoned. He died of his injuries after be rescued, but before reaching home. He gave all to bring the Faith to others, what have we done?
Bl. Raymond Lull left his high position at court, founded a college for the training of missionaries, and, after many years of promoting the missions, went to Northern Africa himself at the age of 79, preached the Gospel, and there was stoned.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for AUGUST 2017
Artists. That artists of our time, through their ingenuity, may help everyone discover the beauty of creation.
Listen, put it into your heart, my youngest and dearest son, that the thing that frightens you, the thing that afflicts you, is nothing: ... continue reading
It is important to understand that sin and God's holiness are incompatible. There is a radical conflict between the total and infinite ... continue reading
Fr. Joachim on how we have so many opportunities to heroically follow the Vicar of Christ, the pope in these difficult times. continue reading
In today's Gospel, Jesus tells us that non-practicing Catholics are fools who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. continue reading
All the virtues that St. John the Baptist practiced began with his sanctification by Marian mediation. Father explains some of these ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Statue of St. Serra vandalized, are Christian crosses next?
- 'Annabelle: Creation': Catholic Exorcist discusses power of hit ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian ...
- 'A Sign of the Times': A warning against 'expelling incoming ...
- Jerry Lewis passes away at 91, was most proud of his family HD Video
- St. Andrew the Scot: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 HD
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug on her life support HD
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD