Wednesday, June 11 - Homily: Being A Good Person Is Not Enough
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
6/11/2014 (2 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Being a good person, a nice person, is not enough for salvation. Heaven is a supernatural end which requires supernatural means to get there.
Being a good person, a nice person, is not enough for salvation. Saint Barnabas was a good man -- but he was also holy.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for FEBRUARY 2017
Comfort for the Afflicted. That all those who are afflicted, especially the poor, refugees, and marginalized, may find welcome and comfort in our communities.
Listen, put it into your heart, my youngest and dearest son, that the thing that frightens you, the thing that afflicts you, is nothing: ... continue reading
It is important to understand that sin and God's holiness are incompatible. There is a radical conflict between the total and infinite ... continue reading
Fr. Joachim on how we have so many opportunities to heroically follow the Vicar of Christ, the pope in these difficult times. continue reading
In today's Gospel, Jesus tells us that non-practicing Catholics are fools who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. continue reading
All the virtues that St. John the Baptist practiced began with his sanctification by Marian mediation. Father explains some of these ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, February 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Heroic woman saves officer's life during roadside attack
- Scientists predict Biblical flood for California HD Video
- Should Catholics completely reject human gene editing?
- St. Polycarp: Saint of the Day for Thursday, February 23, 2017
- DR Congo targets churches - Convents close and religious are killed
- New pilgrimage route recreates Jesus' footsteps HD
- Sts. Perpetua and Felicity HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 HD
- California's floods predicted by scientists, but how? HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.