How to meet that special someone this Valentine's Day
Some places work well in meeting other single people - learn what they are
If you're single this Valentine's Day, take heart - there are a lot of places in which to meet other people who are anxious to get to know you! Let's cross off the most obvious one - single bars. With their loud, deafening music, and alcohol-impaired patrons, chances of finding someone worthwhile isn't that good. Never fear: places to meet potential romance are behind every corner.
Another place to meet potential romantic interests are festivals, events and organizations. The people there are passionate about what they're doing, and are committed - this makes them especially good candidates for relationships. If you happen to meet someone in this environment, at least you know that you two share something in common.
If you belong to a health club, however, you may want to wait until after the workout before introducing yourself. Women at the gym are there to lose weight; men working out there are intent on looking better. While this is a plus, the gym maybe far too hectic with activity to comfortably initiate contact.
You should continue to work out, and then move the conversation to a nearby place where people who work out congregate, such as health food stores, sushi bars and low-calorie restaurants. You can hit up a conversation with, "Hey, are you in my Steps class?"
In actuality - anywhere and everywhere is a great way to meet new people if you follow one rule: leave your cell phone at home or in the car. Instead of hiding your face in your Smartphone, put it down, and take a look around at all the people you want to talk to up close and personal.
The best approach of all is simply to live a meaningful life which is open to interacting with others in communities of interest where you share common values. And, of course, for those who trust that such a relationship is a part of a higher plan for your life, praying for the Lord's guidance in the entire process is the first place to begin and should inform the entire experience.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Single Living News
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?