The Masculine and Feminine in Performance
when they work together in harmony they convey a much more powerful message. It is this understanding that sets up the masculine and feminine as complementary components of a harmonious performance rather than opponents on a battlefield.
My God-given spiritual education through my fiancées talent to dance taught me the importance of appreciating and being receptive to the talents of others especially if you do not possess that talent yourself. In my case, this is one way I learned to appreciate the nature of femininity and its relationship to masculinity. Since we are created in God's image, each human being thus has the capacity to experience and understand both the feminine and masculine dimensions.
God assigns each human being a biological form that specializes in giving an understanding of either the masculine or feminine. Men reflect the masculine and women the feminine. A man and woman come to an understanding of the feminine and masculine respectively in a true marriage.
It is a common cliché that people say to their beloved "you complete me." Theologically and physically speaking no one is part human being -but there is room for completion in ones understanding of him/herself. I have learned a lot about myself through my fiancée and she has learned a lot about herself through me. God made marriage for all of us to understand ourselves, the beauty of relationship, and also for us to reflect that beauty to others so they may know Him.
Joseph Rogers is a 26 year old Catholic man from Long Island, NY studying Material Science. Philosophy, history, and theology to feed his curiosity about understanding the human person. Christ is his greatest inspiration and strength in learning how to better serve those around him. His Catholic faith is important to him and has opened many doors in his life.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: masculine, feminine, gender, sexuality, femininity, masculinity, Feminine Genius, dance, theology of the body, Joseph Rogers
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Love & Relationship News
- See what EXPLOSIVE revelations about infidelity and children this author discovered
- Why Wait for Marriage? Just Look at the Faces of those Who Did!
- The Masculine and Feminine in Performance
- Saying 'Goodbye' to My Best Friend of 40 Years
- United Nations Population Fund: Contraception a Human Right?
- Needed: Men Who Will be True Heroes for Heroic Women
- Logical Fail: Sex Should Be a Practical Issue?
- The Creation of Mother's Day
- Around the Well
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?