SUMMER SOLUTION - Take a Virtual Pilgrimage to the shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe!
Our Lady of Guadalupe - make it as bright and colorful as you want.
- Cut out the finished picture and glue it to the front of the tilma.
- That's it!
8. Brief prayer offered to Our Lady of Guadalupe. Click here for the prayer.
9. The Pilgrimage. For this pilgrimage the following items are recommended. A rose (or roses), or flowers, water (if walking a long distance), and your rosaries.
Walk to your nearest parish church or shrine to Our Lady. If the distance is too far, walking around the block may do. As you walk, think about the journey Juan Diego took to see the bishop after seeing Our Lady. You may discuss this as you walk, or another matter of faith. Alternatively you may keep silent, or pray the rosary as you go. Do what is most fitting for your area and desired experience.
If you cannot leave the home, spend some time in quiet reflection then approach Our Lady in prayer. No shrines, altars, or statues are needed. Your prayerful attitude is what's most important at this time.
After you arrive at your shrine, wherever that may be, offer your roses and drawings to Our Lady of Guadalupe. It is appropriate to light a candle dedicated to Our Lady with your intentions added.
10. Pray the rosary as a family.
11. Return home in prayer and contemplation.
12. Work as a family to prepare a traditional Mexican supper. This will conclude your virtual pilgrimage.
13. If you wish, you may view a movie or documentary about Juan Diego and Our Lady, or even better, start a Catholic book dedicated to the subject!
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Our Lady of Guadalupe, Virtual pilgrimage, virtual shrine, summer solution, activities
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Homeschooling News
- Answering The Question About Why You School Your Children At Home
- What is Your Vocation?
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Road trip to the museum!
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Lemonade stand!
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Keep kids occupied creating these educational games
- A Catholic Home School Mom Recommends a Summer Reading List for Children
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Backyard camping trip!
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Catholic Online's summer reading list for kids!
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Take a Virtual Pilgrimage to the shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?