Catholic Online asks about homeschooling
focused heavily of testing and attendance, since that is the source of the school's funding. However, the goal of the school should be education, not money. At least with homeschooling, it can be.
Q: If you were speaking to a parent who was considering homeschooling, what would you say?
Morgan: Definitely give it a try. There are so many curriculum materials out there that walk you through each and every day. You basically have to follow the instructions. Some people that I have talked to are concerned about having to keep their child on task. However, if you are starting with them fresh in the day, instead of getting them at the end of an 8 hour school day, many times, the work will get done quicker, and you can move at their pace and not have as much waiting time for the other kids to finish. I would also say to try to find groups in your area to meet other home schoolers.
Biewer: If I were to speak to a parent who was considering homeschooling I would tell them the truth---that homeschooling is not easy. But if they feel called to do it, it can bring great blessings to their family. I would encourage them to find a homeschooling support group and get to know the families and ask lots of questions.
Goodsaid: I would say that homeschooling is the best possible decision you can make for your children.
What do you think? Do you homeschool and is it a better experience for you and your children? Add your comments below.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Linda Biewer, George Goodsaid, Lisa Morgan, homeschooling, education, kids, bullying, resources
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Homeschooling News
- Answering The Question About Why You School Your Children At Home
- What is Your Vocation?
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Road trip to the museum!
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Lemonade stand!
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Keep kids occupied creating these educational games
- A Catholic Home School Mom Recommends a Summer Reading List for Children
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Backyard camping trip!
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Catholic Online's summer reading list for kids!
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Take a Virtual Pilgrimage to the shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?