Bright futures loom large for homeschooled children
Home-schooling is growing and changing rapidly.
Across the nation, more and more parents are making the decision to homeschool in an effort to ensure their kids are kept safe, well educated, and get the attention they deserve.
Homeschooling offers many advantages over traditional public schools, particularly the avoidance of impersonal instruction and standardized testing.
Many parents have responsibilities outside of the home that can keep them apart from their children. Many families feel that they can emphasize the importance of a parent and child relationship by cutting out the "middle man" that public school often becomes. In traditional school settings, peer relationships often eclipse family relationships, creating difficulties for both parents and children. Homeschooling can prevent much of that.
Today, there is a new breed of home-schooler, one who enters the home education environment knowing that they will be choosing every class that their child attends, based on style, strengths, weaknesses, and interests. According to research, children learn and retain more enthusiastically when involved in choices.
Homeschooling programs are also adapting to the latest understandings in education, child development, psychology, and they're bearing results that please both parents and children.
Parents are choosing homeschool programs because the dynamic curricula emphasize critical thinking, traditional values, and organic learning styles as opposed to the one-size-fits-all approach that forces every child to learn in accord with standardized tests in public schools.
And today, thanks to the internet, parents have more resources than ever -- and fewer excuses. The future of homeschooling and the children who complete the programs, shines more brightly than ever before.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Homeschooling News
- Homeschooling 101: Tips and Tricks of the Trade
- Answering The Question About Why You School Your Children At Home
- What is Your Vocation?
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Road trip to the museum!
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Lemonade stand!
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Keep kids occupied creating these educational games
- A Catholic Home School Mom Recommends a Summer Reading List for Children
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Backyard camping trip!
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Catholic Online's summer reading list for kids!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?