Santa Barbara LE - Foodbank needs volunteers
Foodbank of Santa Barbara needs volunteers to give food to low-income families over summer.
Roughly 25,000 kids in Santa Barbara County are relying on free or
reduced school meals to stay fed every single day. Although most kids
look forward to summer break, for some it is a difficult time.
Help these kids give out food during the summer.
The Santa Ynez Valley needs help at the Oak Valley Elementary School, Santa Ynez County Park, Hans Christian Andersen Park, and Los Alamos County Park. If you wish to volunteer in Santa Ynez, contact Gina Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
North County needs volunteers at Veterans Memorial Park and Grogan Park. To volunteer in North County, contact Darlene Chavez at email@example.com
South County also needs helpers at Children\'s Project at Main and Mathilda Park. To volunteer in South County, contact Eloisa Chavez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: food, children, kids, families, low-income, poor, volunteer, help, summer
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Home & Food News
- United Nations: A cure for world hunger - eat bugs
- NuVal system providing an easier way to choose healthy foods
- Study finds that kids are more likely to eat vegetables if their moms do -- while expecting
- Report: Half the world's food production going to waste
- Time to buy the cow! Milk could climb to $7 a gallon
- 5-Hour Energy linked to heart attacks
- Pepsi launches 'weight-loss' version of Pepsi
- Eccentric Engineer turns passenger jet into home in the Oregon woods
- Raw, roasted peanuts face recall in salmonella scare
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?