Beef and Homemade Noodles
Approximately 3 pounds of Roast (you can use any kind of beef, roast, sirloin, meat that you like to use). Fill pot with water just covering meat. Continue to add water as needed.
Salt/pepper, Onions, garlic
Celery, carrots (if you like)
Flour and Eggs – Note: noodles must dry for approx 6 hours before they are usable
2 eggs and approx 2 cups flour
On cutting board pile flour and make a hole in middle to put eggs. Take a fork and mix egg and flour together till it becomes a ball. Knead mixture into ball with flour until it is dry enough to roll out on board and let dry. Roll noodle dough thinly (as thin as possible). Once dough is rolled out fold in ˝ and ˝ again and then cut (hint: flour knife blade so noodles will not stick to knife as you cut them) noodles on a slant approx 1/8 of inch wide. Mix and pick apart noodles with flour so they have flour to absorb as they dry. Let dry. Drying process may take up to 6 hours depending on room temp and thickness of noodles.
Now you’re ready to add noodles to your meat. Add water to approx 2 inches over meat and bring to a boil. Add noodles a few at a time into meat and cook mixture for approx 10 minutes.
Flour on noodles will thicken gravy, but if you want it thicker add some cornstarch to gravy till it is the way you like it. Just a little at a time!
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Home & Food News
- TOO SPICY! Sriracha factory in California ordered to shut down due to smells
- A most unwelcome surprise to a midday treat: DEADLY Spiders found in banana by British family
- TASTY TREAT: Fat, skin, connective tissue, blood vessels, nerves, bone fragments
- Not Again! Barilla pasta under fire after anti-gay remarks
- Asia Pacific region wastes food - as millions go hungry
- What your favorite ice cream flavor says about you: You may be surprised!
- SHOCKING REVELATION: French fries are not from France
- Low-calorie, gluten-free, high-protein quinoa dies quick death in U.S.
- Nations struggling to keep crops growing during climate change
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?