Some fun, inexpensive dating ideas for Valentine's Day
Who you are with is more important than where you go - here are some helpful hints!
Celebrating Valentine's Day with your special someone doesn't have to be big and elaborate - after all, who you are with is far more important than where you go. In this spirit, here are some helpful suggestions for Valentine's Day that won't stretch your pocketbook.
How about re-enacting your first date? This will call to mind some shared memories with your favorite person
There's also the local roller skating rink. Even if you haven't gone roller skating in years - and it takes some special gumption to get out there if you haven't roller skated in a while, this is a fun and relaxing way to bond with your partner.
Shop Catholic this Valentine's Day.
If you want a romantic evening under the stars, but it's far too cold where you live - visit a planetarium. You will be getting a special up-close view of some heavenly bodies in a professional setting. You can even impress your date by brushing up on the constellations in advance.
Find out where so those retro photo booths are in your area and hit them. These devices are definitely old school in the age of the instant selfie. But photo booths give you the chance for some quick shots of the two of you smooching - and you get "retro" photographs to decorate your refrigerator with.
Better yet, why not book time with a professional photographer and get pictures taken of the two of you. Don't wait around for a wedding, a formal event, or the birth of your children in order to do so. Professionally shot and mounted photos of the both of you, in casual everyday wear make a great gift - one you will share on your desk at work.
This may cost a bit - but not much: Why not rent a sports car for the day and going driving around town listening to a specially mixed CD of all your romantic favorites. A few hours in a luxury automobile is good for boosting self confidence and sets a romantic mood all by itself.
Finally, the best idea yet: Important celebrities love to do this, as it shows that they love each other and the community in which they live in. Donate your time to a special charity or find a local volunteering experience. In short - do some good as a couple! You'll feel great and the people or animals you help will benefit.
Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action'...
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- How Republicans won the fight over abortion in Texas
- Love begins at birth: Newborn baby doesn't want to be separated from mom after birth
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN HOLOCAUST: 72 percent of the babies aborted in Mississippi are black
- Teenage survivors of sexual abuse, incest must address long kept secrets
- More black babies being aborted than being born in New York City
- Woman sends 100 tweets in an hour about her abortion
- Loneliness has strong impact on premature death
- Planned Parenthood agrees to pay $2 million in fatal abortion procedure
- Women's rights activist Reggie Littlejohn among 'Top 10' of Vatican magazine
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?