Did you know Albuquerque is a Mecca for late-term abortion?
City has two abortion clinics which provide late-term abortions
On Tuesday, a ballot measure in Albuquerque will ban late-term abortions in a city that has become a late-term abortion capital. The normally quiet New Mexico city has become ground zero for the national debate on abortion.
Albuquerque also has two clinic that perform the insidiously evil, controversial procedure called late term abortion. Like every abortion, the procedure always result in the death of a child and emotional trauma, at best, for the mother.However, no one any longer even attempts to deny that the child is a child.
The ban would prevent abortionists from harming babies that can feel and experience pain and suffering. This is a development that some experts argue occurs after five months in the womb. Still others insist it happens much earlier.
The ban would therefore prevent abortions in the last four months of pregnancy, a time when they are particularly heinous and gruesome to many, given the size and development of the child.
The ban is supported by Priests for Life and the Susan B. Anthony List, among other many other humman rights organizations and thousands of Albuquerque residents.
Anti-life organizations are also rallying in the city, buying ad space and taking to the airwaves to suggest they are more powerful than their actual numbers suggest.
The reality is that what calls itself the "pro-choice" movement is built on an absolute lie, right down to the language they use to describe themselves. Instead of respecting the Right to Life of the child in the womb, they lie to women and engage in the taking of innocent human life in the womb. The child has no choice. the woman is denied the choice to follow the truth. They push chemicals and devices which prevent pregnancy. They denigrate the dignity and beauty of the sexual embrace intended for marriage into something demeaning.
While under the influences of hormone-laden contraceptives, women cannot even exercise their choice to become pregnant. Even after the chemical influences are removed, pregnancy often does not follow for some time. Many of the chemicals used are dangerous to the health of the mother. many are actually abortifacient.
Some who call themselves feminists tell women the path to freedom passes through chemicals and devices which ultimately enslave. They can have all the sex they like, turning themselves into sexual objects used for male gratification, and there are no consequences. Dangerous chemicals are freely available so women can freely subject themselves to sexual promiscuity.
And if a woman does become pregnant, the gift of life in her womb is treated as a disease, regarded more as a parasitic infection, one that should be immediately purged with the help of chemicals and surgical procedures. And now the cultural manipulators insist that this should be paid for with the tax dollars of all citizens because it is in everyone's interest? This is insanity.
This is what freedom looks like to some secularists on the left who now endorse a new cultural revolution. It isn't freedom at all, but a bizarre form of sexual slavery that is unique to the past century.
It should be our fervent prayer that the residents of Albuquerque vote wisely and vote in favor of protecting their children, and the mothers who are lied to by the proponents of abortion on demand. If successful, the campaign in Albuquerque proposes to be the first of many such movements that will continue until all American children are protected from conception until birth.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- How Republicans won the fight over abortion in Texas
- Love begins at birth: Newborn baby doesn't want to be separated from mom after birth
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN HOLOCAUST: 72 percent of the babies aborted in Mississippi are black
- Teenage survivors of sexual abuse, incest must address long kept secrets
- More black babies being aborted than being born in New York City
- Woman sends 100 tweets in an hour about her abortion
- Loneliness has strong impact on premature death
- Planned Parenthood agrees to pay $2 million in fatal abortion procedure
- Women's rights activist Reggie Littlejohn among 'Top 10' of Vatican magazine
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?