United States, Holland and Britain are the largest providers of pornography in the world
U.S. has a 60 percent share and Holland comes in second at 26 percent
Once only available in rundown bookstores in inner cities, the most explicit pornography is now available with the few clicks of a computer keyboard. A world league table has revealed the countries which view the most pornography - little surprise, the United States leads the pack, with the much smaller nations of Holland and Great Britain coming in at second and third.
Once only available in rundown bookstores in inner cities, the most explicit pornography is now available with the few clicks of a computer keyboard.
The Netherlands, notorious for its stand on "personal freedoms" host over a quarter of the porn, with 1.8 million domains carrying an astonishing 187 million pages of porn.
The smaller U.K. hosts 52 million pages of porn, behind only the U.S. and Holland. The U.K. is home to 512,000 domains hosting 52 million pages of porn.
The U.K. hosts 52 million pages of porn, behind only the U.S and Holland. The global leaders in porn are the U.S., taking a 60 percent share of global internet pornography.
Germany follows behind at fourth with a 1.16 percent share accounting for eight million pages of porn spread over 80,000 domains.
The Top 10 Countries Where Porn Web Sites are hosted reads thusly:
1. United States
3. United Kingdom
9. British Virgin Islands
10. Czech Republic
While Germany has more than double the U.K.'s web hosting capacity, the U.K. has more than six times the amount of porn pages.
A breakdown of hosting of porn Web sites by state shows that two thirds of all U.S. porn sites are hosted in California.
The U.K. is believed to be the ninth most connected country in the world in terms of the number of internet users.
A call for restrictions on registering pornographic Web sites on Britain's national domain has been called for by John Carr, a government adviser on child Internet safety.
"My beef has always been about the ease with which children can be exposed to it or can access it," Carr wrote on his blog.
"Thus, if the Germans can insist that hard core porn publishers on their territory must tie the supply of such content to an age verification process, couldn't we try something similar?"
The data was compiled by California-based filtering company MetaCert December 2011 through August 2013.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- Study proves abortion causes breast cancer, so where's the headlines?
- Very poorly planned - Planned Parenthood center opens abortion clinic next to adoption center in Fort Worth
- Christian organization recognizes couple, married 81 years and counting!
- Young teens, girls age 11-14 sending sexually explicit photos on the rise, laws may change to accommodate them
- Albuquerque voters reject late term abortion ban, but there's one thing you need to know
- Supreme Court checks abortion advocates, won't overturn Texas law
- Did you know Albuquerque is a Mecca for late-term abortion?
- MIRACLE IN TACLOBAN: Baby born amidst typhoon wreckage
- Disappeared: Missing teenager turns up in Mexico - with husband, kids
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?