Texas Senate passes most progressive pro-life bill yet!
Gov. Perry will now sign the bill into law which will do more to protect children and their mothers.
Last Friday, the Texas Senate passed a sweeping new law that helps to protect babies in the womb and mothers who choose to undergo abortions. The law is the most progressive protection of life in Texas since Roe v Wade.
Gov. Perry will now sign the Texas bill into law to protect children and women from the horrors of abortion.
Unfortunately, the law does not ban the horrors of abortion, but it does much to increase protection.
The law was passed after Perry called the legislature back into session specifically to get it passed. Protecting the children from the very first moments of life has been a priority for the Perry administration.
The bill, once it becomes law, will ask doctors to have admitting privileges at local hospitals, which will help women who become injured during the abortion process and require emergency medical attention.
The bill also treats abortion clinics as surgical centers, which is appropriate given the extremely invasive and violent nature of their operations.
Anti-life leftists complain that the law will result in the closure of several of their beloved clinics because despite all the work performed by said clinics, the doctors claim they do not have enough money to pay for admitting privileges and other new safeguards.
They say it will leave vast areas of the state without abortion centers and that the bill is just part of a conservative move to restrict and ban abortion.
However, anti-life proponents like to play the progressive part, and claim to be feminists whose goal is only to "protect women's rights" -meaning they want to protect behavior such as recreational abortion. They claim that this gives women the "freedom to choose."
All of this is wrong. It is a subtle deceit, a co-opting of language designed to obscure the truth from the so-called feminists themselves, and from rest of America. It's part of an orchestrated effort to promote a more sinister agenda originally grounded in eugenics and designed for population control.
Unfortunately, this truth remains cleverly obscured by the mainstream and is not openly discussed. In fact, few people have heard about the comments of Planned Parenthood founder, Margaret Sanger, or know about the existence of Agenda 21.
Let us be clear.
Progressives are people who work to make progress in how society handles its problems. The anti-life collective would have us mired in the morality of ancient civilizations that regarded children as disposable. Catholics, the true progressives, argue that society makes progress when it stops sacrificing children on the altar of convenience.
By their fruits. Anti-life activists claim that conservatives are fighting a war on women. Yet, in which column is the body count tallied? How many women have died from not getting an abortion on demand over the past year? Compare that to the hundreds of thousands of baby girls that are horrifically murdered before they can themselves grow into women.
What about the rights of children to be protected from death inflicted with burning chemicals and sharp objects?
Women already have the freedom to choose. They may choose when and with whom, they engage in procreative activity. Conversely, babes in the womb have no voice, and no choice. Half of them are female. What would they choose if they could answer?
Who is really liberating women? Anti-life women are supporting a culture where women are enslaved as sexual objects, told they must buy and consume chemicals to "control" their natural functions despite the fact that it short-circuits their very womanhood.
Yet Catholics will tell women to reject these things, to control their reproduction via natural methods, chastity, and monogamy. We ask women to be open to God's will. We suggest they receive gifts from God joyfully, rather than fearing miracles.
Thank God for pro-life warriors such as Gov. Rick Perry and those who support real protections for women and children. We need heroes like him, and like you.
Let us not forget that American society flourished and thrived for nearly two centuries without the practice of abortion on demand. Abortion is neither right, nor necessary, let us never be fooled by the rhetoric.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- Study proves abortion causes breast cancer, so where's the headlines?
- Very poorly planned - Planned Parenthood center opens abortion clinic next to adoption center in Fort Worth
- Christian organization recognizes couple, married 81 years and counting!
- Young teens, girls age 11-14 sending sexually explicit photos on the rise, laws may change to accommodate them
- Albuquerque voters reject late term abortion ban, but there's one thing you need to know
- Supreme Court checks abortion advocates, won't overturn Texas law
- Did you know Albuquerque is a Mecca for late-term abortion?
- MIRACLE IN TACLOBAN: Baby born amidst typhoon wreckage
- Disappeared: Missing teenager turns up in Mexico - with husband, kids
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?