Girls of Any Age Now Permitted Access to Potentially Deadly, Dangerous Plan B Contraceptives
Deadly drugs can destroy life in the womb.
Children can now purchase their own contraceptives and potential abortifacients at a pharmacy without permission or notification of their parents. Following an appeals judge's ruling on Wednesday, girls of any age may now purchase the drug known popularly as the "morning after pill."
We are introducing our children to ireesponsible sexual activity and ingestion of chemicals long before either is healthy or appropriate for them.
Even President Obama, himself a parent of two girls, had expressed initial reservation at this judicial trend and appealed earlier judgments in the case. However, he has now indicated that his administration will probably drop its opposition to the plan that makes the pill available to girls of all ages.
Concerned parents are upset, and worried, that this judicial action erodes the rights of parents because there isn't even a parental notification process in the law. Girls can simply purchase and consume these pills, without any medical supervision or parental knowledge.
The ruling has several implications. For example, girls can now more easily conceal sexual activity. They can hide having been victimized by rape and incest. This may encourage such behavior or impede reporting such acts after the fact. Perpetrators may even compel girls to obtain these pills knowing there will be no scrutiny applied to the purchase, another form of abuse.
The pills can sometimes act as an abortifacient if fertilization has occurred. They result in taking embryonic life following conception by stopping implantation. And the pills also add to what has become a pill-popping culture. Their easy purchase suggests it's okay to consume pills to manage the euphemism called "reproductive health", a blatant falsehood. Their unimpeded distribution can encourage their consumption, promote irresponsible behavior and drives profits.
The pills are described as "emergency contraception" which also suggests that pregnancy is a problem, when it should become and opportunity for support. The language of the entire transaction shows how far secularist and relativistic thought has entrenched itself in popular culture. New life in the womb isn't a disease to be prevented or cured. New life isn't an emergency.New life is a gift to be received.
The Obama administration now has two weeks to decide if they will appeal the court's decision to the Supreme Court, or if they will allow the ruling to stand. Obama has indicated that he may choose the latter.
Girls will now be able to access the pill directly in the pharmacy, over the counter, no ID, no prescription, no parental permission required.
With the judicial and executive branches of the government now seemingly okay with practices such as these, it falls to the legislature and to individual parents to provide the correction society needs to know the truth and reverse the progress of the culture of death that is consuming our children for profit.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- Study proves abortion causes breast cancer, so where's the headlines?
- Very poorly planned - Planned Parenthood center opens abortion clinic next to adoption center in Fort Worth
- Christian organization recognizes couple, married 81 years and counting!
- Young teens, girls age 11-14 sending sexually explicit photos on the rise, laws may change to accommodate them
- Albuquerque voters reject late term abortion ban, but there's one thing you need to know
- Supreme Court checks abortion advocates, won't overturn Texas law
- Did you know Albuquerque is a Mecca for late-term abortion?
- MIRACLE IN TACLOBAN: Baby born amidst typhoon wreckage
- Disappeared: Missing teenager turns up in Mexico - with husband, kids
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?