'Soul Surfer' Bethany Hamilton engaged to be married
Hamilton will marry Christian youth minister
"Soul Surfer" Bethany Hamilton, who vowed to surf again after losing an arm in a shark attack has announced her engagement to Christian youth minister Adam Dirks. The inspiration behind the 2011 movie "Soul Surfer," Hamilton announced her engagement today. According to Hamilton's blog, Dirks popped the question on April 9, to which Hamilton replied with an enthusiastic "yes."
"I know Adam and I are right for each other and that God has us together for Him," Hamilton wrote on her blog.
"I know Adam and I are right for each other and that God has us together for Him," Hamilton wrote on her blog. "Neither of us is perfect, but in my eyes Adam is just right and I'm thankful to have someone so perfectly perfect to share life with as one.
"Every time she says, 'I love you,' I can't help but smile and skip a few heart beats," Adam wrote in a guest post on her blog. "To feel the love of someone who genuinely loves me for who I am and am becoming, is indescribable."
Hamilton was 13 years old when her left arm was severed in an attack by a tiger shark while surfing in the North Shore in Kauai, Hawaii. One year later, she was back to competing in surfing competitions and turned professional in 2007.
"I'm so thankful for [Adam] and look forward to living life together," wrote Hamilton. "Adam, I love you and I'm here to stay!"
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- Study proves abortion causes breast cancer, so where's the headlines?
- Very poorly planned - Planned Parenthood center opens abortion clinic next to adoption center in Fort Worth
- Christian organization recognizes couple, married 81 years and counting!
- Young teens, girls age 11-14 sending sexually explicit photos on the rise, laws may change to accommodate them
- Albuquerque voters reject late term abortion ban, but there's one thing you need to know
- Supreme Court checks abortion advocates, won't overturn Texas law
- Did you know Albuquerque is a Mecca for late-term abortion?
- MIRACLE IN TACLOBAN: Baby born amidst typhoon wreckage
- Disappeared: Missing teenager turns up in Mexico - with husband, kids
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?