'Soul Surfer' Bethany Hamilton engaged to be married
Hamilton will marry Christian youth minister
"Soul Surfer" Bethany Hamilton, who vowed to surf again after losing an arm in a shark attack has announced her engagement to Christian youth minister Adam Dirks. The inspiration behind the 2011 movie "Soul Surfer," Hamilton announced her engagement today. According to Hamilton's blog, Dirks popped the question on April 9, to which Hamilton replied with an enthusiastic "yes."
"I know Adam and I are right for each other and that God has us together for Him," Hamilton wrote on her blog.
"I know Adam and I are right for each other and that God has us together for Him," Hamilton wrote on her blog. "Neither of us is perfect, but in my eyes Adam is just right and I'm thankful to have someone so perfectly perfect to share life with as one.
"Every time she says, 'I love you,' I can't help but smile and skip a few heart beats," Adam wrote in a guest post on her blog. "To feel the love of someone who genuinely loves me for who I am and am becoming, is indescribable."
Hamilton was 13 years old when her left arm was severed in an attack by a tiger shark while surfing in the North Shore in Kauai, Hawaii. One year later, she was back to competing in surfing competitions and turned professional in 2007.
"I'm so thankful for [Adam] and look forward to living life together," wrote Hamilton. "Adam, I love you and I'm here to stay!"
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- How Republicans won the fight over abortion in Texas
- Love begins at birth: Newborn baby doesn't want to be separated from mom after birth
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN HOLOCAUST: 72 percent of the babies aborted in Mississippi are black
- Teenage survivors of sexual abuse, incest must address long kept secrets
- More black babies being aborted than being born in New York City
- Woman sends 100 tweets in an hour about her abortion
- Loneliness has strong impact on premature death
- Planned Parenthood agrees to pay $2 million in fatal abortion procedure
- Women's rights activist Reggie Littlejohn among 'Top 10' of Vatican magazine
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?