Barking dog alerts residents, saves them from fire
People in two-family home run to safety, thanks to dog
Barking dogs are a common complaint in the suburbs, but the residents of a two-family home in Watertown, Massachusetts are crediting a noisy puppy for their lives and safety today. The puppy's barking alerted them to the fact that the building there were in was on fire - and everyone made it out safely.
Some families in Watertown have a barking dog to thank for saving their lives in a three-alarm house fire.
One family's dog barked and woke the residents up, giving them the chance to escape the fully engulfed, three-alarm sale. "As far as I'm concerned, that dog saved everyone's life," Iannetta said.
Fire inspector Steph Igoe described the dog as a "black, small shaggy dog; a tiny, fury lapdog." The dog belonged to people who lived on the third floor and that the family woke up the people who lived on the second floor.
Another dog was taken out of the building unharmed.
The fire was knocked down in three hours. A firefighter was taken to an area hospital "after getting something in her eye, and another with a minor shoulder injury," Iannetta said. Both were released shortly after.
The American Red Cross is helping the 12 people displaced by the fire, which mainly damaged the second and third floors. "The place is uninhabitable," Iannetta said.
The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
"The whole house is destroyed," Igoe said. "But it could've been a lot worse if it weren't for that dog."
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- Study proves abortion causes breast cancer, so where's the headlines?
- Very poorly planned - Planned Parenthood center opens abortion clinic next to adoption center in Fort Worth
- Christian organization recognizes couple, married 81 years and counting!
- Young teens, girls age 11-14 sending sexually explicit photos on the rise, laws may change to accommodate them
- Albuquerque voters reject late term abortion ban, but there's one thing you need to know
- Supreme Court checks abortion advocates, won't overturn Texas law
- Did you know Albuquerque is a Mecca for late-term abortion?
- MIRACLE IN TACLOBAN: Baby born amidst typhoon wreckage
- Disappeared: Missing teenager turns up in Mexico - with husband, kids
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?