Wolf-dog openly 'sobs' at grave of owner's grandma
Heart-breaking video has swiftly gone viral
In a touching example of animal devotion, a wolf-dog appears to be sobbing at his master's grandmother's grave. Named Wiley, the wolf-dog was fond of it's owner's late grandmother Gladys. The watery-eyed dog is seen in a viral video as he puffs his cheeks in and out in emulation of a human sobbing, and is sure to bring a tear to any animal lover.
Wiley is one of a number of "service wolves" that help veterans returning from war deal with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, providing therapy and care through LARC and a program called Warriors and Wolves.
The video has garnered some 362,000 views since going online. The video has also been posted to the Web site of the Lockwood Animal Rescue Center, a Ventura County, California, shelter that specializes in the care of wolf-dogs and horses. The LARC Web site describes Gladys as "a family member, and a supporter" of the animal rescue center.
"She will be forever missed, especially by Wiley," the site reads.
Sarahvarley13 writes under the video that Wiley is one of a number of "service wolves" that help veterans returning from war deal with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, providing therapy and care through LARC and a program called Warriors and Wolves.
"I am not a vet so I can't say if he's reverse sneezing as some of you are stating," Sarahvarley13 says, responding to queries.
"I can tell you that he has never done that before and hasn't done it since. I may be anthropomorphizing his actions but its how I'm choosing to deal with loss .
"Also, for those stating he is dying, I promise he's not. We have a veterinarian on staff at the sanctuary and Wiley is just fine."
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- How Republicans won the fight over abortion in Texas
- Love begins at birth: Newborn baby doesn't want to be separated from mom after birth
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN HOLOCAUST: 72 percent of the babies aborted in Mississippi are black
- Teenage survivors of sexual abuse, incest must address long kept secrets
- More black babies being aborted than being born in New York City
- Woman sends 100 tweets in an hour about her abortion
- Loneliness has strong impact on premature death
- Planned Parenthood agrees to pay $2 million in fatal abortion procedure
- Women's rights activist Reggie Littlejohn among 'Top 10' of Vatican magazine
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?