Wolf-dog openly 'sobs' at grave of owner's grandma
Heart-breaking video has swiftly gone viral
In a touching example of animal devotion, a wolf-dog appears to be sobbing at his master's grandmother's grave. Named Wiley, the wolf-dog was fond of it's owner's late grandmother Gladys. The watery-eyed dog is seen in a viral video as he puffs his cheeks in and out in emulation of a human sobbing, and is sure to bring a tear to any animal lover.
Wiley is one of a number of "service wolves" that help veterans returning from war deal with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, providing therapy and care through LARC and a program called Warriors and Wolves.
The video has garnered some 362,000 views since going online. The video has also been posted to the Web site of the Lockwood Animal Rescue Center, a Ventura County, California, shelter that specializes in the care of wolf-dogs and horses. The LARC Web site describes Gladys as "a family member, and a supporter" of the animal rescue center.
"She will be forever missed, especially by Wiley," the site reads.
Sarahvarley13 writes under the video that Wiley is one of a number of "service wolves" that help veterans returning from war deal with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, providing therapy and care through LARC and a program called Warriors and Wolves.
"I am not a vet so I can't say if he's reverse sneezing as some of you are stating," Sarahvarley13 says, responding to queries.
"I can tell you that he has never done that before and hasn't done it since. I may be anthropomorphizing his actions but its how I'm choosing to deal with loss .
"Also, for those stating he is dying, I promise he's not. We have a veterinarian on staff at the sanctuary and Wiley is just fine."
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- Study proves abortion causes breast cancer, so where's the headlines?
- Very poorly planned - Planned Parenthood center opens abortion clinic next to adoption center in Fort Worth
- Christian organization recognizes couple, married 81 years and counting!
- Young teens, girls age 11-14 sending sexually explicit photos on the rise, laws may change to accommodate them
- Albuquerque voters reject late term abortion ban, but there's one thing you need to know
- Supreme Court checks abortion advocates, won't overturn Texas law
- Did you know Albuquerque is a Mecca for late-term abortion?
- MIRACLE IN TACLOBAN: Baby born amidst typhoon wreckage
- Disappeared: Missing teenager turns up in Mexico - with husband, kids
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?