Take it back, Santa! Boy's video game found to have pornographic images on it
Father highly incensed, demanding explanation from toy store
A Lakewood, Colorado family DIDN'T get what it wanted for Christmas. Five-year-old Braydon Giles was presented with a refurbished Nintendo 3DS that his father bought at a GameStop location. It turns out the game had pornographic images on it that had not been removed, presumably from the game's previous owner. Little Braydon didn't like this unpleasant surprise - and told his older brother about it.
When the father complained to GameStop, the video game retailer told Giles that the device had been refurbished, but the pictures on the device from the previous owner went unchecked.
"He said that he didn't take these pictures so I went over to these pictures and I see two people in a bed. I told my dad and I said dad this has porn on it and he got up and went right to the phone," Bryton told TV reporters.
The highly upset Mark Giles, choking back tears told reporters that he has "lost it. I just called everybody . About nine images of sexual activity on this toy that he got from Santa that Santa got from GameStop."
Mr. Giles wishes that Santa had taken the game back with him to the North Pole.
When he complained to GameStop, the video game retailer told Giles that the device had been refurbished, but the pictures on the device from the previous owner went unchecked.
In a statement from GameStop's corporate office, "GameStop is currently researching this situation. We have a rigorous quality control process in place to ensure that existing content is removed from all devices before they are re-sold.
"Out of millions of transactions each year, ones like this happen very rarely. Our number one priority is to make this right for our customer."
In an effort to rectify the situation, the video game retailer gave the boy a brand new 3DS and kicked in a few games for the boy.
Giles says he is much more concerned about his son's well-being.
"You can't unsee this. He's five years old. Maybe when he's 18 or 20 maybe he won't know anything about it but he's not going to forget about it tomorrow."
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: GameStop, pornography, father, children, exposure
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- Father Knows Best
- While U.S. marriage rates are in 100-year low, rebound expected shortly
- Healing the Father Wound
- Adoption Takes The Gold Medal In The Race For Parenthood
- WHAT? Breast screening 'doesn't cut deaths,' study says
- Is Chivalry Sexist or Respectful?
- Girls of Any Age Now Permitted Access to Potentially Deadly, Dangerous Plan B Contraceptives
- AMAZING BIRTH: Baby born with amniotic sac intact
- Archbishop of Canterbury warns Cameron that his bill will destroy marriage and weaken the family
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?