The Hypocrisy of Barney Frank
Barney Frank's entire lifestyle is against the common good.
Barney Frank suggests that Paul Ryan--and other unidentified "right wingers" who are supposed followers of Ayn Rand--are wed to a philosophy of individualism and are accordingly acting against the common good. That's the rub. That's the hypocritical pretense. Barney Frank's entire lifestyle is against the common good.
Now, I'm not here to discuss what may or may not be Paul Ryan's troublesome ties to Ayn Rand, a brief treatment of which you may find here, or his devotion to the common good. What I am here to expose is the rank hypocrisy of Barney Frank which exists regardless of Paul Ryan's particular views.
Hypocrisy is the practice of claiming to have moral standards or moral beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform. This position is exactly where Barney Frank finds himself.
Barney Frank suggests that Paul Ryan--and other unidentified "right wingers" who are allegedly "followers" of Ayn Rand--are wed to a philosophy of individualism and are accordingly acting against the common good.
That's the rub.
That's the hypocritical pretense.
Barney Frank rails against the "right wing" followers of Ayn Rand for acting against the common good as if Barney Frank has adopted a philosophy of life that is not individualistic and instead furthers the common good.
Here is Barney Frank--a man who espouses same-sex "marriage," has advocated its adoption in the Democratic platform, would force this institution on all of us by the force of law willy-nilly, and is the first Congressman ever to be "wed" in such a same-sex "marriage."--talking about his devotion to the common good?
Frank's devotion to the common good is really a farce, a pretense, a lie. The common good is never advanced by laws promoting or legitimizing same-sex marriage. The common good is never advanced by homosexual genital activity. His life, and the vice he engages with relish and would like to institutionalize as sacred, is a symbol of a person acting against the common good.
As the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith stated in its document Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons issued in 2003, "Laws in favor of homosexual unions are contrary to right reason because they confer legal guarantees, analogous to those granted to marriage, to unions of persons of the same sex."
That means that homosexual unions are unreasonable and arbitrary, and--regardless of religious belief or even the lack of belief--against the universally-binding natural moral law. It is not a matter of choice; it is a matter of reality, of what is. Granting any legitimacy to such unions is ipso facto against the common good because such unions are against the good of any human civil society.
The reason why equating marriage with "homosexual unions" (however the latter are denominated, i.e., civil unions, gay "marriage," same-sex "marriage") is against the common good is that such laws represent a failure of the State's duty "to promote and defend marriage"--a stable and permanent union between a man and a woman--"as an institution essential to the common good."
Homosexuality is an unfortunate disordered tendency, but is not itself a sin or against the common good. And I do not rail against Barney Frank for his tendencies which evidently plague him and which he may or may not be in control of. A homosexual person may very well have the common good in mind and at heart and may live honorable and productive, even a holy life.
Yet homosexual genital activity of any kind is itself intrinsically wrong and against the common good (just like prostitution, pre-marital sex, adultery, or incest all of which are genital activities against the common good). And the problem of granting any legitimacy to such homosexual unions institutionalizes or socializes such sexual activity, attempting forcefully--and against all reality--to define it as part of the common good.
To raise such unions and the genital activity they ...
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- 'Gosnell exposed late-abortions for what they really are: relocated infanticide,' Franks says
- While U.S. marriage rates are in 100-year low, rebound expected shortly
- Father Knows Best
- Healing the Father Wound
- Adoption Takes The Gold Medal In The Race For Parenthood
- WHAT? Breast screening 'doesn't cut deaths,' study says
- Is Chivalry Sexist or Respectful?
- Girls of Any Age Now Permitted Access to Potentially Deadly, Dangerous Plan B Contraceptives
- AMAZING BIRTH: Baby born with amniotic sac intact
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?