PA to defund Planned Parenthood!
Pennsylvania to follow Arizona's example.
Pennsylvania is about to become the next state to defund Planned Parenthood. The state's new bill would place Planned Parenthood at the bottom of the list for state funding, a move that would all but ensure the organization is left without money at the end of the budget process.
Planned Parenthood is losing battles across the nation, and lives are being saved.
The bill is similar to one that recently passed in Arizona.
Planned Parenthood relies on state and federal funding to provide abortions. Planned Parenthood also provides other services to women including screenings. However, women can access these services via other providers that do not perform abortions.
While Planned Parenthood insists the money they receive does not fund abortions, it does so indirectly since money is a fungible commodity.
Best of all, the bill provides more for women's health because it diverts funds from Planned Parenthood to other health clinics that can provide women with better comprehensive health care.
Mallory Quigley, the communications director for the SBA List referred to the bill as an "upgrade."
Quigley said, "The emphasis is on comprehensive whole woman care, so instead of them going to Planned Parenthood to receive one type of service, they will now be going to qualified health clinics where they can get mammograms, treatment for hypertension and depression, dental care, all these things Planned Parenthood doesn't provide. All it is an upgrade of women's health care without any additional cost to the taxpayer."
Planned Parenthood is already reporting a decrease in the number of visits and they are now having to charge for more of their services. It is now all the more important to let women know there are alternative clinics where they can receive important screenings and care without contributing to the evil practiced by Planned Parenthood.
Six states moved to defund Planned Parenthood in 2011. Voting majorities in Wisconsin, Indiana, Kansas, North Carolina, Texas, and Tennessee have all passed legislation, however activist judges have stopped progress on the laws in every state except Wisconsin.
Similar proposals in other states have been defeated by legislators and only Arizona has been successful in passing a law to protect women and children this year.
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has pledged to cut all federal funding to Planned Parenthood.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Planned Parenthood, defund, Pennsylvania, abortion
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- Combating the Secularist Elitist Attack on Motherhood: Learning from Jesus and Mary
- Freeing Ourselves from the Hideous Strength of Contraception and Abortion
- Two Opposing Visions of Women, Part Two
- Two Opposing Visions of Women, Part One
- Answering the Question: The Right to Marriage and Infertile Couples
- 'Sexually aggressive behavior' in males traced to print advertisements
- Movie director flouts China's one-child policy with purported SEVEN kids
- Baby boy born with half a heart thrives after surgery
- 'Soul Surfer' Bethany Hamilton engaged to be married
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?