Birth control recommended for girls as young as 11
Obvious questions go unasked by report.
Researchers are recommending that girls - mere children - be fitted with intrauterine devices (IUD) as opposed to being given the "morning after pill" abortifacient . Girls as young as 11 years old have been recommended for the procedure.
Something is wrong with this picture...
Furthermore, the IUD can also abort a pregnancy. There are times when fertilization occurs even with an IUD. However, it must be appreciated that life begins at conception. In addition, some IUD devices also contain hormones which are abortifacient in nature.
The report comparing the efficacy of the IUD versus the morning after pill came out earlier this week.
Of course, the alarming statement is that girls as young as 11 are being recommended for fitting with the device. The implication is that a girl as young as 11 are engaging in sexual activity and the best solution is to implant a medical device inside their bodies.
Aside from a moral wrong, this is also the sign of a failure of society to protect its children. There is no acceptable reason for a child to be engaged in sexual activity at such an age, furthermore in so much activity that she needs a device implanted in her body to prevent pregnancy. Any parent or physician aware of such activity would be negligent if they were not contacting authorities.
For children engaging in sexual activity at that age, virtually all explanations lead to charges of neglect or abuse. Furthermore, the health risks associated with sexual promiscuity at such an age can be substantial, even fatal.
What does this say about the intelligentsia in our society that they can publish such research while ignoring the obvious implications for our children?
There should be no discussion over what form of birth control an 11 year-old should use. Rather, the discussion should focus on who to call and where the children should be placed while their parents are investigated.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: IUD, birth control, children, abuse
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- Father Knows Best
- While U.S. marriage rates are in 100-year low, rebound expected shortly
- Healing the Father Wound
- Adoption Takes The Gold Medal In The Race For Parenthood
- WHAT? Breast screening 'doesn't cut deaths,' study says
- Is Chivalry Sexist or Respectful?
- Girls of Any Age Now Permitted Access to Potentially Deadly, Dangerous Plan B Contraceptives
- AMAZING BIRTH: Baby born with amniotic sac intact
- Archbishop of Canterbury warns Cameron that his bill will destroy marriage and weaken the family
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?