Miracle baby found alive in freezing morgue!
Baby spent 12 hours in morgue locker.
A baby's parents are calling it a miracle that their newborn daughter, declared stillborn and deceased by doctors, is alive after spending 12 hours in a freezing hospital morgue. Hospital officials are investigating while the attending doctors and nurses have been placed on leave.
Luz Milagroz in local news footage.
Working their way through the grieving process, the couple returned to the hospital 12 hours later and asked to take pictures of their daughter. Hospital staff escorted them to the freezing morgue and opened the drawer where their baby lay, only to find the child alive and crying.
Analia told reporters that she fell to her knees when she saw her baby stretching.
Although the temperatures were freezing and ice had already formed on the her body, Luz Milagros (a name meaning "light miracles") was very much alive.
Argentine health officials wasted no time suspending the attendant medical staff and ordering an investigation. However, it seems incredible to believe that the staff, which included obstetricians, a gynecologist, and a neonatologist, as well as nurses, would all reach the same conclusion.
There must be some other explanation for what has happened.
A miracle, perhaps?
Doctors said that despite the freezing temperatures, the conditions in the morgue may have actually contributed to baby Luz's survival by slowing her vitals during the 12 hour period she lay in the morgue.
At this time, Luz remains in the hospital, but is said to be growing stronger and is expected to survive.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Argentina, morgue, baby, freezing, Luz, miracle, stillborn, Analia Bouter
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- Combating the Secularist Elitist Attack on Motherhood: Learning from Jesus and Mary
- Freeing Ourselves from the Hideous Strength of Contraception and Abortion
- Two Opposing Visions of Women, Part Two
- Two Opposing Visions of Women, Part One
- Answering the Question: The Right to Marriage and Infertile Couples
- 'Sexually aggressive behavior' in males traced to print advertisements
- Movie director flouts China's one-child policy with purported SEVEN kids
- Baby boy born with half a heart thrives after surgery
- 'Soul Surfer' Bethany Hamilton engaged to be married
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?