Baby daughter of Rick Santorum now recovering at home
3-year-old Bella suffers from rare genetic disorder
Former GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum is probably heeding the
adage of taking the good with the bad. Having officially dropped from
the presidential race, Santorum is just glad that his three-year-old
daughter Bella is out of the hospital and recovering at home.
Rick Santorum famously carries a photo of his three-year-old daughter Bella and often says she wasn't expected to live beyond her first birthday. Her story is well-known to religious conservatives who back Santorum because of his strong position against abortion.
Santorum Campaign spokesman Hogan Gidley says Santorum cancelled his first two events scheduled for today. Santorum will join James Dobson, the founder of the evangelical Christian group Focus on the Family, for what the campaign called a "conversation on faith, family and American values" in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Gidley said Santorum and his wife, Karen, were "truly overwhelmed by the prayers and support they've received."
In recognition of Bella's illness, Romney's campaign pulled down a harsh ad that was running against the former Pennsylvania senator there. Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul said Monday the campaign asked TV stations over the weekend to pull the ad and replace it with a positive, pro-Romney spot.
Santorum famously carries a photo of Bella and often says she wasn't expected to live beyond her first birthday. Her story is well-known to religious conservatives who back Santorum because of his strong position against abortion.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Rick Santorum, Bella Santorum, rare genetic disorder, pro-life
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- Our Contraceptive Chickens Have Come Home to Roost
- Small comfort: Two friends die in each other's arms at destroyed Oklahoma school
- Teenage birth rates drop dramatically among Hispanic women, girls
- Combating the Secularist Elitist Attack on Motherhood: Learning from Jesus and Mary
- Freeing Ourselves from the Hideous Strength of Contraception and Abortion
- Two Opposing Visions of Women, Part One
- Two Opposing Visions of Women, Part Two
- Answering the Question: The Right to Marriage and Infertile Couples
- 'Sexually aggressive behavior' in males traced to print advertisements
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?