Authorities comb woods for missing baby girl in Kansas
10-month-old Kansas City child disappears without a trace from her home
Police are combing the woods around a missing baby girl's home in Kansas
City, Missouri. The 10-month-old girl, Lisa Irwin disappeared from her
crib without a trace earlier this week. Her parents will make a prepared
Lisa has blue eyes and blond hair. She is 30 inches tall and weighs between 26 and 30 pounds. Police say she has two bottom teeth, a small bug bite under her left ear and a beauty mark on her right thigh.
FBI agents with dogs searched the family's home, a light-green ranch-style home in an older neighborhood along a winding street near hills. An FBI spokeswoman has declined to discuss why the agents entered the home or what they found. Officers scoured the neighborhood and knocked on doors in their hunt for the missing child.
"We've received several tips and we certainly encourage people to call, but we also need information that is specific to the case," Young told msnbc.com.
Little Lisa was last seen when her mother put her to bed at about 10:30 p.m. Monday. The search began about 4 a.m. Tuesday when her father returned home from work and discovered her missing.
Police have discounted the theory that Lisa could have crawled away. They are currently investigating the possibility that an intruder entered the home through a window and snatched her.
Young said the parents have been cooperative. "As you can imagine nobody knows more about what's going on in that house than the parents do," he said.
There is currently no reason to suspect Lisa's parents were involved in her disappearance but added, "At this point we have next to nothing and are not ruling anything out."
A daylong search that included more than 100 officers, FBI agents, and police dogs yielded no clues. Interviews with the parents also didn't provide any clues, Young said.
Nothing has been discovered around the house or in a search of the two cars in the family's driveway either.
The parents are currently staying with relatives away from their northern Kansas City home. Police said they were aware of the parents' whereabouts, but would not disclose their location.
Lisa Irwin's grandparents and neighbors have told television reporters that they have not heard from the couple since they left police questioning. The grandparents told the TV station that they were caring for the couple's two other children.
Lisa has blue eyes and blond hair. She is 30 inches tall and weighs between 26 and 30 pounds. Police say she has two bottom teeth, a small bug bite under her left ear and a beauty mark on her right thigh. She was wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it.
© 2011, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Disappearance, missing child, Kansas City, Missouri
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- Combating the Secularist Elitist Attack on Motherhood: Learning from Jesus and Mary
- Freeing Ourselves from the Hideous Strength of Contraception and Abortion
- Two Opposing Visions of Women, Part Two
- Two Opposing Visions of Women, Part One
- Answering the Question: The Right to Marriage and Infertile Couples
- 'Sexually aggressive behavior' in males traced to print advertisements
- Movie director flouts China's one-child policy with purported SEVEN kids
- Baby boy born with half a heart thrives after surgery
- 'Soul Surfer' Bethany Hamilton engaged to be married
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?