Catholic Youth Launch Video about Pope Francis in 15 Languages
Today we have the pleasure of presenting the video: "Meet Pope Francis (In 4 min.)". The idea has been to help Catholics and non-Catholics alike get to know the life and story of Pope Francis. While it is true that the Holy Father represents all Catholics, he is still only one man and therefore does this in a way which reflects who he is and where he comes from. Being from Argentina, it is natural that many people know little about him, especially in Europe, Africa, and Asia. That's why the decision was made to translate the video into 15 languages.
It's making has required the generosity and collaboration of a large number of people. Thanks to the media resources available today, we have been able to work with Catholics from all around the world. And it has been exciting to see so many Catholic youth who have wanted to offer this service for Pope Francis, and for the Church in general. For all of us, it has been a moment to recall and appreciate the marvel of a universal faith that is truly capable of speaking all languages and reaching all peoples. We are reminded of this in the words of Jesus which have been chosen as the theme for this year's World Youth Day which will soon be held in Rio, Brazil: "Go and make disciples of all nations!" (cf. Mt 28:19).
Catholic-link.com is a website run by a group of young Catholics seeking to offer videos and resources to help others in their apostolate. See us on Facebook!
Videos and resources for Catholic apostolate.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- Catholic Team Global - One child dies every 10 seconds from hunger
- Pope Francis shares how his life 'was saved by a nun'
- Following John the Baptizer to Happiness and Freedom
- The New Evangelization: Pope Francis's Proposal
- The New Evangelization: Exorcising the Demon of Obtuseness
- As he did in Argentina, Pope Francis walks the Roman streets at night to hand out money to needy
- Pope Francis' colorful past: he once worked as a nightclub bouncer
- Argentinean government nominates Pope Francis for Nobel Peace Prize
- Standing up to bullies, girl says, 'I have a tumor, that's all'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?