Pope John Paul II could be recognized as a saint in record time
First miracle confirmed.
Pope John Paul II could become a recognized saint in record time, less than eight years following his passage.
According to information that has now been made public, Sister Marie Simon-Pierre, 48, said that in 2005, just following the passing of Pope John Paul II, she asked her sisters to pray on her behalf. She said she wrote the pope's name on a piece of paper and when she awoke the next morning, she was cured.
The vetting process was secret, but what we now know is that in January, Mgr. Slawomir Oder submitted a second case of miraculous healing to the Vatican. The Congregation of the Saints investigated.
Doctors from the Vatican gave a favorable first opinion and follow-up work revealed the healing to show every sign of being miraculous. There was no medical explanation and no medical intervention that could have caused the healing. the woman who received the healing hasn't yet been named.
Over the past several days, a council that includes Pope John Paul II former personal cardiologist, as well as personal physicians to Popes Benedict XVI and Francis, all gave favorable reviews after studying the newest records and reports in detail.
The consensus is that a second healing miracle has occurred and can be attributed to Karol Wojtyla, widely known as Pope John Paul II.
This is the second miracle that must occur before sainthood can be affirmed.
If the miracle is subsequently approved by the cardinals and bishops of the Congregation, then Pope John Paul II will be submitted to Pope Francis for canonization. This could occur as early as October.
If it does, then Pope John Paul II could be canonized on his feast day, which is October 22.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- What will your Lenten Pledge be?
- Pope may visit China this summer, says China and the Vatican are 'close'
- Francis: 'I carry crucifix I took from dead priest.'
- Pope Francis says papal summer residence gardens be opened to the public
- Pope Francis makes special plea, but will any Catholics really listen?
- Pope Francis charts a brave new course for the Church!
- Pope urges faithful to show love to those who have suffered divorce
- Family as Domestic Church: Good Eats at the Dump
- Benedict XVI calls resignation conspiracy theories 'absurd'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?