New Video Release: That 1 Day
One day on the cross made our eternity possible
Outside da Box and Likability have once again produced an excellent video in service of the faith. "That 1 Day" helps us to understand why that fateful day so many years ago, the day in which a supposedly ordinary man died as a criminal, is so important for so many of us.
LOS ANGELES (Catholic Link) - Countless skeptics have tried to reduce these events we celebrate this week, to deprive them of their mysterious and divine character, to dampen the intensity of their light. Yet, as we witness throughout man's history, they do so in vain.
Even if they were to force silence upon every human person, surely "the very stones would cry out." Indeed, God's love has truly erupted into man's history, into my history and yours...
What is important about Christ's act of redemption isn't so much the number of his steps, or the nails that pierced his hands; rather, it is the magnitude of love with which he lived it all that drives the ferocity of the Christian spirit throughout the ages. It may be difficult to believe that so much could be accomplished in so little time.
Still, it is the truth and we mustn't fall into the temptation of looking elsewhere. It was there, on the hill of Golgotha, in that very moment, that God's love snapped the bond's of sin and death so as to offer us a path through which we could pass through the days of death and enter in the eternity of life!
Purchase and download the video here.
Videos and resources for Catholic apostolate.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- Following John the Baptizer to Happiness and Freedom
- The New Evangelization: Pope Francis's Proposal
- The New Evangelization: Exorcising the Demon of Obtuseness
- As he did in Argentina, Pope Francis walks the Roman streets at night to hand out money to needy
- Pope Francis' colorful past: he once worked as a nightclub bouncer
- Argentinean government nominates Pope Francis for Nobel Peace Prize
- Standing up to bullies, girl says, 'I have a tumor, that's all'
- Pope Francis sends young almoner to do charity in the streets, and possibly sneaks out himself!
- Eternal Shadows or Shadow Makers? Read this inspiring tale of adventure!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?