A Modern Version of the Prodigal Son
Returning Home to the Father
It is a moment to discover that "the whole of the Christian life is like a great pilgrimage to the house of the Father. This pilgrimage takes place in the heart of each person, extends to the believing community and then reaches to the whole of humanity
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Link) - Today's video situates the parable of the prodigal son in modern times. It helps us to place ourselves in his shoes. It is a moment to discover that "the whole of the Christian life is like a great pilgrimage to the house of the Father. This pilgrimage takes place in the heart of each person, extends to the believing community and then reaches to the whole of humanity. " (John Paul II).
Catholic Link is a website run by a group of young Catholics seeking to offer videos and resources to help others in their apostolate. See us on Facebook!
Videos and resources for Catholic apostolate.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- It's time to join Catholic Team Global!
- Catholic Shopping .com has some wonderful products, but did you know they do THIS too?
- Pope Francis to visit South Korea in August
- GRAND OPENING: Catholic Shopping .com is now open for you. Browse today!
- Pope Francis: Fasting 'chips away at our security and, as a consequence, benefits someone else'
- Medical experts confirm miracle attributed to Archbishop Fulton Sheen
- Pew study suggests 'Pope Francis Effect' is a myth
- What will your Lenten Pledge be?
- Pope may visit China this summer, says China and the Vatican are 'close'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?