Rewrite the Bible to allow gay marriage, CNN host Piers Morgan declares
Piers Morgan says that both the Bible and the U.S. Constitution are heavily flawed
Being controversial generates lots of worthwhile discussion on the part of the audience. CNN host Piers Morgan has declared that the Bible needs to be rewritten to allow gay marriage. Morgan has also said that both the Bible and the U.S. Constitution are heavily flawed, and need to be rewritten. These comments have indeed proved to be controversial, and a petition to have him deported back to the United Kingdom has since garnered 84,000 signatures. Other petitions since then have asked that he not be allowed to return to the U.K.
A petition is calling on Home Secretary Theresa May to stop CNN presented Piers Morgan from returning to Britain. "We got rid of him once and why should we have to suffer again," the Web site says. The Americans wanted him so they should put up with him."
"Both the Bible and the Constitution were well intentioned but they are basically, inherently flawed. Hence, the need to amend it," Morgan said while interviewing Pastor Rick Warren on his CNN show.
"Not a chance," Warren said. "What I believe is flawed is human opinion, because it constantly changes."
"But you and I know the Bible is, in many places, a flawed document," Morgan continued. "My point to you about gay rights for example - it's time for an amendment to the Bible. You should compile a new Bible."
Saying that he believes that the Bible reveals the truth, and the truth is never outdated Morgan replied to Warren "We're going to agree to disagree on that."
It was just the longest line of Morgan's outspoken opinions after he offended thousands of Americans with his anti-gun remarks. Morgan has demanded tighter U.S. gun laws following the Sandy Hook massacre.
Morgan certainly doesn't seem to respect those who disagree with him. He declared a gun advocated interviewee as an "unbelievably stupid man."
In response, a man in Texas launched a petition on the White House e-petition Web site earlier this month, demanding Morgan be deported immediately for "exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."
The petition has already garnered more than 84,000 signatures, far exceeding the 25,000 signature threshold required to get a White House response.
Undeterred, Morgan replied "If I do get deported from America for wanting fewer gun murders, are there any other countries that will have me?"
There a few in the United Kingdom who don't want Morgan back. Hundreds have signed the "Keep Piers Morgan in the USA" petition after it was proposed by Janusz Jasinski, a Birmingham-based Web site designer.
A third petition is calling on Home Secretary Theresa May to stop him from returning to Britain.
"We got rid of him once and why should we have to suffer again," the Web site says. The Americans wanted him so they should put up with him."
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- What will your Lenten Pledge be?
- Pope may visit China this summer, says China and the Vatican are 'close'
- Francis: 'I carry crucifix I took from dead priest.'
- Pope Francis says papal summer residence gardens be opened to the public
- Pope Francis makes special plea, but will any Catholics really listen?
- Pope Francis charts a brave new course for the Church!
- Pope urges faithful to show love to those who have suffered divorce
- Family as Domestic Church: Good Eats at the Dump
- Benedict XVI calls resignation conspiracy theories 'absurd'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?