DAILY SUNSHINE: Toilet paper and Christian forgiveness - how one misdeed was repaid with good
New devotion to faith inspired repentence and redemption.
Officials at Eastern New Mexico University have expressed the Christian virtue of forgiveness to a repentant sinner who committed a bizarre deed while enrolled at the school.
Toilet paper and redemption, more in common than previously thought for university officials.
Apparently, the unnamed student decided some years ago to play a prank on the university by stealing all the rolls of toilet paper from a dormitory.
The note indicated that the miscreant felt guilty but a new-found dedication to Christian faith evoked repentance. As a self-imposed penance, the student sent a box containing 80 rolls of high quality tissue paper to the school.
The appreciative school officials say that the misdeed is forgiven and are happy to put the prank in the past where it belongs.
As for the paper, they say the rolls do not fit the dispensers so they will be donated to a local charity.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: toilet paper, prank, repentence, forgiveness, Christian, New Mexico
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too!
- Receiving the Eucharist: I Have Decided to Kneel For Jesus
- Exorcism or not, it's still a miracle
- The Holy Spirit: Sanctifier and Giver of Life, Love and Truth
- Pope Francis tweets his prayers following devastation in Moore
- The Paraclete: The Counselor Who Helps Us Fulfill Our Calling
- Pope Francis calls for change within the Church
- Atheists to have their books placed atop Gideon Bibles
- Killer whale with missing fins cared for by its pod family
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?