Archbishop Tobin appointed Archbishop of Indianapolis
Highly-qualified Archbishop has distinguished credentials.
According to the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, "Pope Benedict XVI has appointed Archbishop Joseph W. Tobin, C.Ss.R., the Archbishop Secretary of the Vatican Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, the sixth archbishop of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis." The announcement was made today in Rome.
According to a statement from the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, Tobin was responsible for all of the world's religious orders, a population that exceeds one million individuals. Tobin is a distinguished polyglot, speaking Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese and having the ability to read several other languages.
Now he will oversee more people in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.
He is a Detroit native, the oldest of 13 children, and an experienced pastor and minister.
Archbishop Tobin is also a dear friend of Catholic Online and the Catholic Online community. Catholic Online continues to serve Archbishop Tobin and the Redemptorists' online requirements providing many Internet services including email worldwide to the order.
Michael Galloway, President and CEO of Catholic Online, and close friend of Archbishop Tobin, extends his congratulations to the Archbishop and looks forward to his continued success.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- GRAND OPENING: Catholic Shopping .com is now open for you. Browse today!
- Pope Francis: Fasting 'chips away at our security and, as a consequence, benefits someone else'
- Medical experts confirm miracle attributed to Archbishop Fulton Sheen
- Pew study suggests 'Pope Francis Effect' is a myth
- What will your Lenten Pledge be?
- Pope may visit China this summer, says China and the Vatican are 'close'
- Francis: 'I carry crucifix I took from dead priest.'
- Pope Francis says papal summer residence gardens be opened to the public
- Pope Francis makes special plea, but will any Catholics really listen?
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?