Fresno LE - Foundation gives $100,000 to Fresno State
A foundation has given quite a hefty grant to Fresno State.
A $100,000 grant, given by the Central Valley Foundation's McClatchy Fresno Art Endowment, is going to the Center for Creativity and the Arts at Fresno State, as well as the Fresno Art Museum and Arte Américas, to help pay for exhibitions and public events.
$100,000 grant, given by the Central Valley Foundation's McClatchy Fresno Art Endowment, is going to the Center for Creativity and the Arts at Fresno State.
In November, the CCA and the Fresno Art Museum will be co-hosting with internationally recognized environmental sculpture artist, Patrick Dougherty, for a 3-week residency. Dougherty will be making a sculpture installation on the Fresno State campus, work with students, and give an open lecture in the Bonner Auditorium at the museum. Fresno State will also talk to K-12 students about the installations and workshops.
"We are excited at the opportunity to bring an artist such as Mr. Dougherty to the Central Valley. The theme of his work is timely and compliments our mission," says Linda Cano, executive director of the Fresno Art Museum.
Elva Rodríguez, executive director of Arte Américas in downtown Fresno, said "It is a great opportunity to network with the other institutions and to expand the reach of the project to Arte Américas' audiences and our Cultural Arts District environs."
The McClatchy Fresno Art Endowment was established in 2010 as an endowment of the Central Valley Foundation, founded by Susan and the late James McClatchy. The goal is to fund major art exhibitions of national, international, or regional importance in the Fresno area.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: grant, art, workshops, foundation, money
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- The Paraclete: The Counselor Who Helps Us Fulfill Our Calling
- C-section leaves mom fighting for life over dreaded flesh-eating virus
- Pope Francis tells world's leaders to abandon 'cult of money'
- Saint Cyril of Alexandria Reminds Us: The Holy Spirit Helps Us to Live a New Kind of Life
- Women, Behold Our Mother
- Pope Francis canonizes over 800 new saints
- Transubstantiation: Bulwark Defending the 'Is' of Jesus
- GOSNELL GUILTY!
- When Death Arrives, Will You Say Joyfully: O Death, Where is Thy Sting?
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?