Fresno LE - Foundation gives $100,000 to Fresno State
A foundation has given quite a hefty grant to Fresno State.
A $100,000 grant, given by the Central Valley Foundation's McClatchy Fresno Art Endowment, is going to the Center for Creativity and the Arts at Fresno State, as well as the Fresno Art Museum and Arte Américas, to help pay for exhibitions and public events.
$100,000 grant, given by the Central Valley Foundation's McClatchy Fresno Art Endowment, is going to the Center for Creativity and the Arts at Fresno State.
In November, the CCA and the Fresno Art Museum will be co-hosting with internationally recognized environmental sculpture artist, Patrick Dougherty, for a 3-week residency. Dougherty will be making a sculpture installation on the Fresno State campus, work with students, and give an open lecture in the Bonner Auditorium at the museum. Fresno State will also talk to K-12 students about the installations and workshops.
"We are excited at the opportunity to bring an artist such as Mr. Dougherty to the Central Valley. The theme of his work is timely and compliments our mission," says Linda Cano, executive director of the Fresno Art Museum.
Elva Rodríguez, executive director of Arte Américas in downtown Fresno, said "It is a great opportunity to network with the other institutions and to expand the reach of the project to Arte Américas' audiences and our Cultural Arts District environs."
The McClatchy Fresno Art Endowment was established in 2010 as an endowment of the Central Valley Foundation, founded by Susan and the late James McClatchy. The goal is to fund major art exhibitions of national, international, or regional importance in the Fresno area.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- The New Evangelization: Exorcising the Demon of Obtuseness
- As he did in Argentina, Pope Francis walks the Roman streets at night to hand out money to needy
- Pope Francis' colorful past: he once worked as a nightclub bouncer
- Argentinean government nominates Pope Francis for Nobel Peace Prize
- Standing up to bullies, girl says, 'I have a tumor, that's all'
- Pope Francis sends young almoner to do charity in the streets, and possibly sneaks out himself!
- Eternal Shadows or Shadow Makers? Read this inspiring tale of adventure!
- Pope Francis meets with Israel's Netanyahu
- 'King Money' has failed humanity, Pope Francis says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?