San Gabriel LE - High school students receive scholarships
Pasadena high school students were awarded scholarships from El Centro de Accion Social
On Thursday, thirteen students from the Pasadena Unified School District were awarded scholarships from El Centro de Accion Social, which is the Pasadena-based social services organization.
Although the scholarship is not a huge amount, it could make a difference in helping the students' college education.
"They're a reflection of our society," Ertll said. "Students who sacrificed to do well in school."
Those received the $500 are Preston Mills, Emilio Anselmo, and Maria Rodriguez. The others are Hortencia Sanchez, Gabriela Ramirez, Luis Arciniega, Efren Bugarin III, Amairani Hernandez, Jasmine C. Diaz, Daniel Trejo, Alexia Ramirez, Vanessa Pedraza and Harout Jilkivorkian.
"It's not a huge amount, but in today's economy, believe it or not, it is," he said, referring to the scholarship only being a small contribution to the students' college education, however it could make a huge difference.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: scholarship, education, award, school
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- Receiving the Eucharist: I Have Decided to Kneel For Jesus
- The Holy Spirit: Sanctifier and Giver of Life, Love and Truth
- Pope Francis tweets his prayers following devastation in Moore
- The Paraclete: The Counselor Who Helps Us Fulfill Our Calling
- Pope Francis calls for change within the Church
- Atheists to have their books placed atop Gideon Bibles
- Killer whale with missing fins cared for by its pod family
- C-section leaves mom fighting for life over dreaded flesh-eating virus
- Pope Francis tells world's leaders to abandon 'cult of money'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?