Orange County LE - Holocaust remembrance march
In Orange, a march to honor those killed during the Holocaust was held.
A number of Orange-based churches sponsored the March of Remembrance to honor and remember Holocaust victims known as "Walk of Solidarity: Tearing Down the Walls, Building Up Bridges."
'If we don't remember, we risk repeating history.'
"As Holocaust survivors age and die, we risk forgetting this terrible tragedy," said Corey Sylvester, leader of Orange-based Temple Aviv Judea Messianic. "If we don't remember, we risk repeating history."
Those who joined Sayone and Sylvester on stage included: Pastor Rick Rzeszewski, Orange Coast Community Church; Pastor George Saieg, Ministry to the Muslims; Honorable Judge Kevin Brown, Los Angeles Superior Court; and John Moorlach, Orange County Supervisor.
All gave brief speeches and lit six candles that represented the six million Jews who were murdered during the Holocaust. Those who were there marched around the tennis courts seven times, a symbol of uniting against evil.
Finishing the program was singing by Israel's Ellah Gorelik and Joyce Handler from the Shuvah Messianic Congregation.
This was the first-ever event that was a part of a large worldwide remembrance of the Holocaust and its horrors.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: march, honor, memorial, remembrance, Holocaust
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- The Holy Spirit: Sanctifier and Giver of Life, Love and Truth
- Pope Francis tweets his prayers following devastation in Moore
- The Paraclete: The Counselor Who Helps Us Fulfill Our Calling
- Pope Francis calls for change within the Church
- Atheists to have their books placed atop Gideon Bibles
- Killer whale with missing fins cared for by its pod family
- C-section leaves mom fighting for life over dreaded flesh-eating virus
- Pope Francis tells world's leaders to abandon 'cult of money'
- Saint Cyril of Alexandria Reminds Us: The Holy Spirit Helps Us to Live a New Kind of Life
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?