Planned Parenthood hates waiting for your baby
Utah legislature extends waiting period from 1 to 3 days.
The Utah legislature has approved the longest waiting period in the union for abortions. The state House and Senate have both agreed to extend the waiting period from one day to three. Planned Parenthood is outraged.
Like any good pusher, Planned Parenthood doesn't like to be kept waiting for your baby...
Women can still get abortions, but now they will have time to consider the procedure before letting an abortionist into their bodies.
Understandably Planned Parenthood is angry that the will of the people of Utah, as expressed through their legislature, stands in reasonable opposition to their agenda.
Utah's Director of Planned Parenthood, Karrie Galloway said, "For some people that may be a point of celebration. For others it may be a point of heartache. Women make good decisions and think about their decisions and the legislature telling them how long they need to think about their decision, it's insulting."
However, what's insulting is the notion of abortion-on-demand without time to think about the decision whereas with any other medically invasive procedure, there is always a waiting period. Excepting emergencies, a person cannot even get life-saving surgery without waiting several days or even weeks. Yet Planned Parenthood is upset because they cannot rush women through the abortion mill.
One of the bill's sponsors, Steve Eliason (R - District 45) said "I think it's a positive change for women and children. At the end of the day, it's a consumer-protection law. The focus of this bill is women having time to consider all of the information that is given to them when facing a life-altering decision that somebody else is making money off of."
Hopefully, the new waiting period saves lives and changes attitudes about abortion practices in America.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Utah, Planned Parenthood, abortion, waiting period
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- Receiving the Eucharist: I Have Decided to Kneel For Jesus
- The Holy Spirit: Sanctifier and Giver of Life, Love and Truth
- Pope Francis tweets his prayers following devastation in Moore
- The Paraclete: The Counselor Who Helps Us Fulfill Our Calling
- Pope Francis calls for change within the Church
- Atheists to have their books placed atop Gideon Bibles
- Killer whale with missing fins cared for by its pod family
- C-section leaves mom fighting for life over dreaded flesh-eating virus
- Pope Francis tells world's leaders to abandon 'cult of money'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?