Obama has set the Catholic Church on fire
Supporters galvanized against this most recent assault on faith, freedom.
President Obama has set the Catholic Church on fire and now Catholics are firing back. Catholics Called to Witness, a Florida-based non-profit has brought the issue to a point with their viral video, 'Test of Fire'.
Obama can try, but he cannot destroy God's church or the spirit of the faithful.
President Obama came to office as the most pro-choice, anti-life president in history. And right from the start, his agents went to work breaking down the one institution that would stand fast and fight to the end, his vision of a brave new world for America - a vision that respects neither life nor freedom.
Not all Catholic institutions have withstood the assault. Late last year, Catholic Healthcare West, one of the largest Catholic hospitals systems in the nation, secularized. Now known as "Dignity Health" the healthcare consortium claims that it will adhere to the values of the Church as it grows and develops, but realistically, there is nothing left that can prevent the spreading moral decay from eroding those standards in the future.
Dignity Health is not a ministry of the Catholic church and is no longer compelled to answer its teaching.
To be fair, Dignity Health was pushed there (in part) by the onerous changes coming as part of "Obamacare."
Meanwhile, Catholic Charities in Illinois lost a fight for the soul of their orphanage system when a liberal court ruled they must facilitate adoptions for homosexual couples.
And more recently, the full frontal assault on the Church was initiated with the cruel mandate that the Church must pay for insurance plans that violate the very conscience of the faithful. The unconstitutional mandate would make entire churches participants in moral turpitude by the mere act of writing a monthly check.
Faced with these attacks, the forced erosion of morality, and the trampling of individual rights, Catholics have rallied. Led by courageous bishops, such as Archbishop Dolan of New York, and inspired by the near-success of Rick Santorum, a conservative candidate for president, Catholics are preparing to vote their conscience in November.
Capturing this spirit, Test of Fire, a video produced by Catholics Called to Witness, has gone viral. Capturing hundreds of thousand views on YouTube and across social networks, the video is a stirring call to action for all Christians.
The video calls upon individuals to vote their conscience saying, "Your vote will affect the future and be recorded in eternity. Will you vote the values that will stand the test of fire?"
Opening with a powerful, almost epic musical score, the three-minute video features powerful imagery including a blacksmith forging words from iron that resonate with voters, such as "Jobs," and "Marriage" and "Freedom." Interspersed with the work of the forge, is a woman marking and casting a ballot.
While the video is a work of art, it captures perfectly the essence of the struggle that confronts Catholics in the current election cycle. Catholics are fighting for their religious freedom, identity, and the conscience of a nation.
Regardless of your personal political persuasion, it is impossible for a person of conscience to watch this video and not feel called to action.
Watch the video above and send this article to all your family, friends and neighbors.
Ultimately, Catholics will cast the ballots that will choose the next president. The coming election will be close enough that Obama cannot win without the support of a Catholic fifth column. If Catholics pause and recognize the overt assault that is being made against themselves and their faith, they can change history for the better.
Their test is scheduled for November 6th.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obama, Catholic, church, Christian, faith, Obamacare, mandate, HHS, Dignity Health, Test of Fire, Catholics Called to Witness
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- Receiving the Eucharist: I Have Decided to Kneel For Jesus
- Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too!
- Exorcism or not, it's still a miracle
- The Holy Spirit: Sanctifier and Giver of Life, Love and Truth
- Pope Francis tweets his prayers following devastation in Moore
- The Paraclete: The Counselor Who Helps Us Fulfill Our Calling
- Pope Francis calls for change within the Church
- Atheists to have their books placed atop Gideon Bibles
- Killer whale with missing fins cared for by its pod family
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?