Obama and the Catholic fifth column - a match contrived in Hell
Obama is hostile to Catholics, some Catholics okay with that.
Nearly 25 percent of all Americans are members of the Roman Catholic Church. That is virtually 1 in 4 Americans -- and voters. So why is Obama attacking a full quarter of the American population? And why is the bulk of that quarter allowing him to get away with it?
Imagine the outrage if Obama ordered every Muslim to consume pork and you'll imagine the anger (most) Catholics feel.
And earlier in the year, the Church has been put into a fight, picked by the administration, that essentially compels the Church itself, and affiliated institutions to violate their own conscience under threat of law.
This disrespect isn't new. As far back as 2008, Obama made a point to shun Catholic leaders from attending the inauguration; instead a homosexual Episcopal Bishop was invited among others. There was plenty of religious diversity on display at the Presidential Inauguration, but no Catholics needed apply.
These deeds have inspired Church leaders to take a courageous stance against the administration, entering virtual combat, via legal means, with the administration in a fight for survival that is quite real.
Of course, none of this would be possible except for the complacency, apathy, and outright fifth column style support of Catholics - for a man who intentionally disrespects the basic tenets of their faith.
Make no mistake. What controversy would erupt if Obama proposed laws that compelled Muslims to consume pork, under threat of legal sanction? And how scandalous would such a proposal be if it were actively supported by fellow Muslims, and apathetically accepted by the rest?
Yet, that is precisely what Obama is doing to Catholics. The President has embarked on an overt campaign of disrespect, subversion, and confrontation, and most terribly, with the assistance of others who publicly identify themselves as Catholic.
In addition to targeting Catholics, Obama's policies have also targeted helpless children in the womb as a means to gain votes. Perhaps this is the issue that has sparked this apparent hatred of the Church. In 2008, Obama pledged allegiance to Planned Parenthood and making the evil of abortion freely available to all women. As a state senator, he sponsored the Freedom of Choice Act and called it the "highest legislative priority." Since then, he has been a public odds with the Church's faithful.
It's hard to imagine - that in a nation where freedom of conscience is outlined as part of the first natural right codified in its Constitution, a leader who consistently gets away with the most vicious attacks on the Church and its people. However, given the number of Catholics voting to support Obama, both in the senate and on the street, it's becoming easier to imagine every day.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obama, Catholic, church, abortion, evil
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- An Anatomy of Christian Joy: 'Be, Jesus, Our Joy!'
- In Imitation of St. Joseph, Model of Fathers of Families
- Fathers Are Guardians of the Family
- Pope Francis: Freedom Means Always Choosing the Good; A Challenge in Today's World
- Pope Francis attracts record breaking number of Twitter followers en Espanol
- Meet these senators who are unafraid to talk about their faith
- 'Lady' the black labrador survives after being shot 100 times with a BB gun
- HARROWING ORDEAL: Nigerian man survives boat capsize in air bubble
- Pope Francis Refers to 'gay lobby' inside Vatican
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?