Memo to Obama: You've Got a Problem.
The Church is ready to defend her conscience and constitutional rights
It's been amazing to watch White House Press Secretary Jay Carney dutifully take the podium day after day and deny that Obama has created a problem for himself by forcing Catholic individuals and institutions to subsidize abortifacient drugs, sterilizations and contraception.
Obama has declared war on the Church, but the Church is ready to defend her conscience.
When over 90% of Catholic bishops have condemned your decision and promised not to obey it - you've got a problem.
When it's not just Catholic faith leaders who have condemned your decision and promised not to obey it - you've got a problem.
When "CHURCH VOWS WAR ON OBAMA" is the top headline on Drudge - you've got a problem:
When about every news outlet (with the exception of some left-wing and mainstream cable news outlets) are saying the same thing as Drudge - you've got a problem.
When your top liberal Catholic apologist, Doug Kmiec, withdraws his support of you - you've got a problem.
When, for that matter, practically every notable Catholic who has ever supported you withdraws their support of you - you've got a problem.
When your talking points are being picked apart as fast as you can re-issue them - you've got a problem.
When barely anyone even bothers with responding to your talking points - you've got a problem.
When the Catholic nun who helped you pass Obamacare tells you this needs to be fixed - you've got a problem.
When 154 members of the U.S. House of Representatives send a letter to your administration warning it to reverse course - you've got a problem.
When you've got U.S. Senators practically tripping over themselves to have the first bill up for a vote to reverse your decision - you've got a problem.
And when Vice President Joe Biden realizes there's nothing he can say to excuse this decision - then, Mr. President, you've really got a problem.
.. or, you know, maybe you're right. Maybe there's no problem here.
So how about we just wait until November and see what happens then?
- - -
CatholicVote.org is a lay movement, foremost, of committed Catholics who are passionate about living out the truths proclaimed by Christ and His Church in the modern world. We are joined by many individuals of other faith traditions (and no faith tradition) because the common good we seek is universal to all men and women of good will.
Keywords: Obama, HHS, contraception, Catholic, abortifacient, abortion, barack obama, conscience, contraception, election 2012, HHS, mandate, president obama, Religious freedom, religious liberty, sterilization
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- An Anatomy of Christian Joy: 'Be, Jesus, Our Joy!'
- In Imitation of St. Joseph, Model of Fathers of Families
- Fathers Are Guardians of the Family
- Pope Francis: Freedom Means Always Choosing the Good; A Challenge in Today's World
- Pope Francis attracts record breaking number of Twitter followers en Espanol
- Meet these senators who are unafraid to talk about their faith
- 'Lady' the black labrador survives after being shot 100 times with a BB gun
- HARROWING ORDEAL: Nigerian man survives boat capsize in air bubble
- Pope Francis Refers to 'gay lobby' inside Vatican
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?