Sebelius tips hand on Dem strategy for Obamacare failure
Just blame the Republicans.
Signs are beginning to show that the Democratic strategy to deal with the pending failure of Obamacare will be to blame Republicans who have been saying it was a bad idea all along. Comments from Kathleen Sebelius have tipped the hand.
Sebelius appeared to be laying the foundation for a much larger argument - the Democratic strategy for avoiding blame for the debacle. And instead of discussing solutions to move Obamacare forward and save the nation from a disaster that could consume a sixth of the economy, she is playing at apologetics.
Republicans have long said the plan was a bad idea. Despite their counter-proposals and Cassandra cries, the plan was ramrodded through Congress and into law anyway.
Now, as states and private industry actually set to work on cleaning the Athenian stables of our national healthcare system, they find that the task is so monumental and so complicated that it's impossible to complete by deadline.
Indeed, like Hercules, the nation isn't going to fix the crisis unless it diverts a virtual river through the system.
Unfortunately, Obamacare isn't the river we need to divert, filled as it is with the effluence of added cost and complications. The plan is so complicated that the administration has already been forced to push back deadlines on full implementation by another year.
States are having difficulty setting up their mandated insurance exchanges and meanwhile premiums have skyrocketed.
Obamacare is fast becoming a liability for the administration and the party. The strategy then, isn't to scramble to fix the problem, but rather, simply blame the Republicans who have rebelled on behalf of their states that don't want Obamacare forced upon them. Although many state systems are imperfect, they are at least better than the supposed cure that Obamacare offers.
America's healthcare system is in bad shape. Americans pay more for their health care than any other nation and they receive less effective care than people in many other industrialized countries.
Now, the much-lauded solution is turning into a disaster. Perhaps this was the plan all along? Who knows. However, Democrats have already found their scapegoat, so what's the point of fixing something that works for them, even if it leaves you feeling sick.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Health News
- Obamacare crashing in model states like California as 70 percent of doctors opt out
- New hepatitis-C drug approved by FDA
- Donors from around the world say that an AIDS-free generation may be within sight
- Washington signing up more people for Medicaid than private plans
- Man documents ravages of diabetes to his feet as they decay within 10 DAYS
- Dementia epidemic only growing worse: 135 million sufferers could arrive by 2050
- Men are from Mars, Women from Venus? Their brains are certainly wired differently
- Drinking water from plastic cups, bottles may be causing migraine headaches
- Apocalypse imminent as bacteria evolve beyond antibiotics
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?