Cool video shows how snowflakes form and why they have distinctive shapes
Check out this cool video!
Check out this "cool" video which shows how a snowflake forms as it falls to earth. The video was produced by the American Chemistry Society for educational purposes.
This mature snowflake passed through several cycles of refreezing, giving it its complex pattern.
The longer the flake lasts in the cloud, the larger and more distinctive it becomes.
Check out the video and learn something new!
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: snowflakes, how, form, ice, weather
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Green News
- Your help is needed: Scientist seeks help in mapping global emissions
- Lovely but deadly - beautiful bubbles in Canadian lake are flammable methane gas
- Oldest water in the world discovered beneath the earth's surface
- There's the problem! Americans are out of touch with scientific consensus on climate change
- Rare event, two Alaskan volcanoes simultaneously erupt
- Why are scientists in Cancun worried about melting snow on Mt. Everest?
- Atmospheric carbon dioxide hits 400 ppm, so why should we care?
- Sea level rise already forcing changes in Caribbean, other island nations
- Giant African snails invade Houston suburb, public warned
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?