San Gabriel LE - Students in D.C. for Great Outdoors Week
California students are in Washington D.C. for the Great Outdoors Week.
A group from the San Gabriel Mountains Forever Leadership Academy is in Washington, D.C., to participate in the Great Outdoors America Week. They join with people from all over the nation who support local and national lands.
San Gabriel Mountains make up nearly 70 percent of the Los Angeles region's open spaces and account for one-third of the area's water
"Literally, we need the mountains to survive. At the same time, for many in the Los Angeles region and the San Gabriel Valley, they just haven't had a chance to experience the wonder of our nature."
San Gabriel Mountains Forever is a variety of individuals and groups who wish to see wilderness and wild scenic river locations for the San Gabriel Mountains and River, as well as a National Recreation Area from the mountains to the San Gabriel Valley. President Obama released the America's Great Outdoors (AGO) Initiative, with the intention that lasting conservation solutions should come from the American people themselves.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: outdoors, students, week, scenic, wild
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Green News
- There's the problem! Americans are out of touch with scientific consensus on climate change
- Oldest water in the world discovered beneath the earth's surface
- Rare event, two Alaskan volcanoes simultaneously erupt
- Why are scientists in Cancun worried about melting snow on Mt. Everest?
- Atmospheric carbon dioxide hits 400 ppm, so why should we care?
- Sea level rise already forcing changes in Caribbean, other island nations
- Giant African snails invade Houston suburb, public warned
- First law of the black widow kingdom - Don't get old
- Massive cicada plague to strike Eastern U.S.
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?