San Gabriel LE - Students in D.C. for Great Outdoors Week
California students are in Washington D.C. for the Great Outdoors Week.
A group from the San Gabriel Mountains Forever Leadership Academy is in Washington, D.C., to participate in the Great Outdoors America Week. They join with people from all over the nation who support local and national lands.
San Gabriel Mountains make up nearly 70 percent of the Los Angeles region's open spaces and account for one-third of the area's water
"Literally, we need the mountains to survive. At the same time, for many in the Los Angeles region and the San Gabriel Valley, they just haven't had a chance to experience the wonder of our nature."
San Gabriel Mountains Forever is a variety of individuals and groups who wish to see wilderness and wild scenic river locations for the San Gabriel Mountains and River, as well as a National Recreation Area from the mountains to the San Gabriel Valley. President Obama released the America's Great Outdoors (AGO) Initiative, with the intention that lasting conservation solutions should come from the American people themselves.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Green News
- Norway to become first nation where one in every 100 cars is electric
- Fearsome beast once stalked Europe: New dinosaur identified
- Resident Evil: Extinction. 30,000-year-old giant virus revived from frozen Siberian tundra
- The world's getting hotter - in spite of reductions in global warming
- Powered by Google. Online monitoring system tracks global deforestation
- BAD PARENTING: Ants use their newborns as rafts in flood situations
- TOLD YOU SO: Human behavior now causing greatest mass extinction ever, and it's finally hitting you in the wallet
- Cereal giant Kellogg pledges only to use ethically supplied palm oil
- World's largest solar farm in Mojave Desert frying birds which flies over
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?