Papal January Prayer Intention: That Pastors Lead to Peace
VATICAN CITY, JAN. 7, 2007 (Zenit) - During the month of January, Benedict XVI will pray that pastors lead their followers along the path of peace.
The Holy Father will ask that: "In our time, unfortunately marked by many episodes of violence, the pastors of the Church may continue to indicate the way of peace and understanding among peoples."
The Apostleship of Prayer announced the intention selected by the Pope. Thousands of the faithful worldwide join the Holy Father in offering their prayers and sacrifices for the intention.
The Pope also prays every month for an apostolic intention. This month the intention is: "That the Church in Africa may become a constantly more authentic witness of the Good News of Christ and be committed, in every nation, to the promotion of reconciliation and peace."
http://www.catholic.org CA, US
Catholic Online - Publisher, 661 869-1000
Pope, Benedict, 2006, Homily, New Year, Mary
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience