VATICAN CITY, OCT. 16, 2006 (Zenit) - Here is the brief greeting in English Benedict XVI gave Sunday at the end of the canonization Mass of four saints celebrated in St. Peter's Square, and before reciting the Angelus.
The Holy Father did not give an Angelus address.
* * *
I am happy to greet all the English-speaking pilgrims present today, especially those who have come for the canonization of Mother Thťodore Guťrin, foundress of the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary of the Woods. The Church rejoices in the four new Saints raised to the altars today. May their example inspire us and their prayers obtain for us guidance and courage. Invoking Godís abundant blessings upon you, I wish you all a pleasant Sunday!
© Copyright 2006 -- Libreria Editrice Vaticana
http://www.catholic.org CA, US
Catholic Online - Publisher, 661 869-1000
Pope, Benedict, Angelus, Mass, Vatican
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience