Papal Intentions for May: for Peace and Life
VATICAN CITY, MAY 3, 2006 (Zenit) - Benedict XVI is praying this month in a special way that the Church contribute to peace and justice, and that human life be respected from conception to its natural end.
The Apostleship of Prayer announced the general and missionary prayer intentions chosen by the Pope for the month of May.
The Holy Father, along with thousands of faithful worldwide, offers his prayers and sacrifices for the intentions.
The general intention states: "That the abundance of the gifts the Holy Spirit bestows on the Church may contribute to the growth of peace and justice in the world."
Benedict XVI's missionary intention is that "in the mission countries those responsible for the public institutions may, with suitable laws, promote and defend human life from its conception to its natural termination."
http://www.catholic.org , VA
Pope Benedict XVI - Bishop of Rome, 661 869-1000
Pope, Intentions, May, Life, Peace
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience