St. Polycarp Comments

Imagine being able to sit at the feet of the apostles and hear their stories of life with Jesus from their own lips. Imagine walking with those who had walked with Jesus, seen him, and touched him. That was what Polycarp was able to do as a disciple of Saint John the Evangelist. But being part of the second generation of Church leaders had challenges that the first generation could not teach about. What did you do when those eyewitnesses ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew
    8 months ago

St. Polycarp, I am ashamed to call myself as your disciple, since I am easily swayed by the manipulations of the devil. Please pray for me so that I repent and become strong.

2. Robert Burford
    8 months ago

Saint Polycarp pray for me as I stand up to my stepchildren and declare that while I love them homosexuality in PRACTICE is bad but I still love them and respect them. I cannot call evil good and will not. Pray for my wife and myself as we love them but call sin a sin.

3. john
    8 months ago

What a man! What a church leader!

I wish we had church leaders like Polycarp today!

4. alex

hey pray for me

5. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

The church needs a Pope like you. Enable the one who is going to be elected to be the new Pope of the Holy church with rock like faith as yours in our Lord Jesus Christ and ocean of virtues to face this world of vanities and deception which enslave and entrap the faithful souls. Fill him with courage and strength to uproot the evil from within and without the Church and cleanse Her of the impurity caused by the homosexual priests and bishops in the Church. Transfer your wisdom and love to the going to be new Pope to lead the Church in Truth and shepherd the flocks to the pasture of eternal life. Intercede for the Church and the Pope. Amen.

6. Joseph Mathew

St. Polycarp, please continue to pray for me, as my faith is being tested from all quarters, during this .Year of Faith.'

7. MONA

PLEASE PRAY FOR JACOB THAT HE FINDS PEACE AND THE RIGHT PATH, FOR HIS MOTHER THAT THE DOCTORS CAL SLOW THE PROGRESSION OF THE DEMENTIA, AND FOR ALL CANCER PATIENTS THAT WE DEAL WITH OUR DISEASE WITH GRACE AND DIGNITY. THANK YOU.

8. general unknown anonymous usmc ****

23rd feb 2013:st polycarp pray for us!

9. shirl klozik

I love hearing about the Early Church Fathers. I only wished I had catechized my children on all the Saints.
    Please pray for my daughter and some of the other family who has left the faith to go to
    other Protestant Faiths. They could have never left if they really understood their Faith.
    Please pray for unity !!!

10. emmanuel

Oh St. Polycarp? let me have in me as man to be a man? amen

11. Tillie Ostermiller

I think we should get the real message here. Polycarp was trying to make sure that the two sides were celebrating the right day for the right reasons. He was telling the West side being Asia that they were doing wrong in celebrating "Passover" and calling it Easter, which is and always has been a Pagan holy day / holi day. Can we see how things can be misused for our own purposes. We were deceived back then and we are still being deceived in celebrating all these so called Christian holidays/holy days that use to be pagan holy days!...Holidays is the same meaning as what use to be and still is Holy Days! God said we are not suppose to celebrate him in the way we use to celebrate our old Pagan holy days and we are doing just that. No wonder America as well as all the other nations that celebrate these days are being judged in the here and now! If you need proof read it for yourself Duet 12:30,31, This meant so much to Polycarp he was willing to die for it and we should follow suit!!! Fix it or die trying...

12. T.J.THOMAS

May the saint pray for us to follow his foot steps and i belive this will help me to solve my problems .St POLYCRAP pray for us.........

13. Joseph Mathew

Saint Polycarp, please pray for me to be firm in faith and be devoid of all pretentions as you were.

14. christie

St. Polycarp, the Church honours you, your fidelity, courage and most of all your outstanding defense of the Truth. Give to us Christians, the courage to be faithful to God's commandments. The first reading of today, is about Moses' exhortation to the Jews, at the river Jordan, as they were about to cross over to the promised land to possess and occupy it. He advised his people to "choose life" through fidelity to Christ's commandments. In your time and age, the early Christians faced heresies, false teachers and torture at the hands of the enemies. Our struggle today is ever present too. Help us to be faithful to Christ, in the Eucharist, help us to honour the Liturgy of the Holy Mass. Your feast day is also the first Thursday after Ash Wednesday. Allow us to be transformed by the Holy Spirit during this Lenten season. My weekend has been the most sacred one, when we celebrated the life of my mother who passed away at the age of 94. I shall take this opportunity to commend her soul to God. Her earthly strife is over. May her soul rest in peace. Amen.

15. Felicity John

Evry time I read abt the saints i'm inspired spiritually May God bles u & all the readers.

16. Maxine Spates

I am sorry to say that I had never heard of this particular Saint. However, I had emailed a friend of mine at our church where she works and she sent me back the following information - I told her my 1st Great Grandchild (a girl) was born early on 2/23/11 - The mother was just a little over 7 months along - The baby weighed 2 pounds 1 ounce. She is doing good right now. The mother had the toxemic poisoning some pregnant women get, which caused her blood pressure to go way up which caused her to have several seizures before they got her to the hospital
    Her blood pressure is still acting up so she is still in the hospital. So I asks this Saint to please watch over my 1st Great Grandchild and the mother. Thanks you Lord Jesus for sending us all the saints you have.

17. Joseph Mathew

St. Polycarpus is my favorite saint along with St. Ignatius of Antioch. Dear Polycarpus, pray for me to be grounded on God always, as you ever did!

18. Michael Roach

This short bio of St. Polycarp relates to my spiritual pursuits to this day, every day. Thank you, researchers. This is one of the finest pieces I have read which addresses the life of a relatively unknown saint, at least unknown, formerly, to me. Again, thank you!

19. Carol Fay

Thank you. I was looking for further information about St. Polycarp after his feast day when I heard that he was a direct disciple of St. John. I am hoping that my son, John, will be interested in taking Polycarp as his Confirmation name.

20. Ed Everett

This is one of my favorite saints. He was true to Jesus and his Christian faith when it really counted knowing he would suffer for it. A true witness to the faith as handed down to him by St. John.