St. Catherine of Siena Comments

The 25th child of a wool dyer in northern Italy, St. Catherine started having mystical experiences when she was only 6, seeing guardian angels as clearly as the people they protected. She became a Dominican tertiary when she was 16, and continued to have visions of Christ, Mary, and the saints. St. Catherine was one of the most brilliant theological minds of her day, although she never had any formal education. She persuaded the Pope to go back ... Continue Reading

1. christie

Dearest St. Catherine of Siena, I awaited your feast day in order to write to you. I recall with delight and joy the moments I've spent in prayer at St. Maria sopra Minerva, looking and meditating on your sacred and in-corrupt body. Besides, I also admire your charming town of Siena. Dear Saint, you knew and loved God from your early childhood, chose Him above all and placed Him above all, pray for us who are struggling to be holy. Give to us graces that make us pleasing to God..to serve God and neighbour. Amen

2. catherine Akao

dear holy patron .

i thank you for being by my side,i hardly knew it but i now know and pray that you never leave me by my self.
    interceed for me as i seek a holy marriage and keep me knowing christ like you did.
    always pray for my family.

love you dear saint.

3. Michael Varger

Dear St Catherine of Siena, tomorrow is your FEAST DAY and it will be a sunny Sunday, 29th April 2012, which I intend to spend your day in the city commencing with mid morning Mass at St Patrick's cathedral and lunch afterwards in one of the many fine restaurants in the city of Melbourne. You will be the highlight of the day and your presence will be felt deeply in my heart, indeed, tomorrow my heart will beat only for you. Where will I begin to thank you for the countless favours you won for me from the The Risen Lord over the years. I look forward to the future with the confidence of knowing that with you at my side there is nothing we will not overcome together. There is one favour I ask of you on your FEAST DAY and it is life threatening and urgent. It is for my young brother who succumbed to the diabolical power of heroin. Timmy is already in HELL, that is, his private heroin hell. The horror and trauma heroin causes families of addicts is indescribable, let alone the addicts themselves. Timmy has developed a $200 a day addiction and he only lives for his next heroin hit and nothing else matters. Timmy's life has been reduced living like a wild beast and it breaks our hearts when he is repeatedly bashed senselessly by drunk louts just for entertainment, heroin addicts are too weak to defend themselves. Timmy is living by the skin of his teeth and death is always looking at him like a vulture looking at its prey. Beloved St Catherine, where there is life there is hope so please do something very beautiful for Timmy tomorrow. Pray tomorrow on your FEAST DAY that the Risen Lord will deliver Timmy from heroin HELL and into the waiting arms of his tortured and terrified mother. AMEN

4. Emmanuel Beda Kimario

my Dearest, Catherine, i feel so inspired with your spiritual life, in a real sense your life has touched my spiritual journey to to become a religious prieast,, my lovely Catherine be my companion in my journey i have started that i can be a good and faithful religious priest,, i pray this through christ our Lord Amen. St Catherine Pray for me and the whole world.......

5. Ann Anisa Ignatius

Hi.

St. Catherine is good example to each an every Christian.

For me I have never been to the Website to check on the history of the saint but I got Interested to know much about her as I attend St. Catherine of Siena Small Communinty. and we are very proud of her.

She really died at a early age but those are all God's Plan and we can't question Him and He has all the reason for all that happened.

6. Greg

Dear St. Catherine, my love, my guardian! I implore you, pray for all these people who posted in here. Let them become saints! The Church, whom you love so much desperately need them! Keep praying for me! Sweet Jesus, Jesus love!

7. catherine dora siegn

I feel as if I am living the life of St. Catherine of Siena. I've had visions of Christ in my dreams, although not 6, but 3 years old. I've had dreams where I was painted at the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. My idol is Mary Magdalene. I suffer from Anorexia. My palm has a heart beat. St. Catherine is a very powerful Saint.

8. Ann

Dear St. Catherine,

Reading a little of your life makes me wonder what I have done with mine? You have shown me how little I have done when I thought I was doing more.

I did not respond to Jesus call when He came to me and I'm very sorry for that, I will always have that regret.

Please pray for me St. Catherine that I also may do the will of God. So that I to may have that close relationship.

God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are truly Love!

Thank you for praying for all of us!

9. Lina

st. Catherine is my idol, my confirmation saint, and my baptism saint. this was a good website but like the other comments, it needs more info. also why is she the patron saint of fire prevention?????Anyways she's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Double rainbows all the way!!!!

10. Catherine

Why is she the Patron Saint of Fire Prevention...?

11. Katherine Mcmahon

Wow! Now I know so much about St.Catherine. Did you Know that my whole Family is named after a saint.I loved being named after a saint. I love this website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. ms lauren

i think that st catherine of Siena is a wanderful and hard working person and i belive she is watching over everyone!
    I chose St catherine of Siena for my conformation and she made that SPECIAL day brighter and better!

13. Ashlan Mccarthy

This wasn't very helpful it would be nice to have had more names in it .[like important people the helped

very nice besides the names proplem pretty nice

602

14. BEREKA

I read st. catherine of Siena history it's brillent too,she is vodery closed to god or god blessed her; she was 6 and with that time there is not teacnology of education but she did uder the god historic things,idea,also,until for this genaration.

15. jolkwin

st catherine you are so beautiful!

16. Ibadin Ephraim

Dear St. Catherine,
    Your dialogue with God in the various treatises of the book- Little talks with God, was among the most illuminating dialogues I've ever beheld. I'm sure you know how it influenced my thoughts about the eternal trinity, how invaluable reason is.. I constantly crave for your prayers to God, never to permit me to by my own faults, separate myself from him. While you're now inseparable from him who you loved from your infancy, behold these numerous petitions, that your prayers which know no other than the heart of God-may be granted.

17. Ibadin Ephraim

Dear St. Catherine,

18. Samantha Catherine

This is the Saint I'm named after and the one i chose to use as my Confirmation name (i didn't know i was named after her until after Confirmation when my family asked where i got the name from.)

19. Patricia

Dear St. Catherine. I admire you because despite your illness, you still find time to help the sick. I would like to pray for my dearest Grandpa who is now suffering from Cancer. Help him and his family to be ready when the time has come. Please guide us all wherever we go, whatever we do. Help us to avoid temptations. Please always Help us.
    Help all the people that are in great need.

My gratitude to you, Lord, Mama Mary are not describable in words. Thank you! We Love you1 :)

20. catherine, for st. catherine

Dearest St. Catherine, inspiration to me since I was a little girl, please pray for me and guide my healing through and after my upcoming surgery. Compassionate and beloved Saint Catherine, I beg of you to hear my prayer - please grant me peace, health, and a pain-free life. I am now and always will be in your debt. I love you, and thank you for your blessings. In the name of Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. Amen.