St. Catherine of Siena Comments

The 25th child of a wool dyer in northern Italy, St. Catherine started having mystical experiences when she was only 6, seeing guardian angels as clearly as the people they protected. She became a Dominican tertiary when she was 16, and continued to have visions of Christ, Mary, and the saints. St. Catherine was one of the most brilliant theological minds of her day, although she never had any formal education. She persuaded the Pope to go back ... Continue Reading

1. Catherine Maraka
    3 weeks ago

To my Patron Saint. Catherine of Sienna.
    Your touching story has reminded me to live a humble life and to make sacrifices on behalf of others. Intercede for me to our Lord Jesus Christ that i too may emulate Your fasting & prayerful life to get closer to my Father in heaven.

2. Linda L. Edmnds

Thank you for prayers answered.

3. Linda

Thank you for prayers answered.

4. Linda

I have a hearing for my disability on June 10th. Please pray for a good outcome.

5. Joseph Mathew

St. Catherine of Sienna, please pray for me to be gifted with char-ism of loving all including my enemies.

6. Mona

Please pray for Gwen, Michelle, Jacob and all cancer patients especially the children. Thank you , Dear Lord, for making me cancer free.

7. Catherine Mary

Dear St. Catherine of Siena: "Happy Feast Day!!!" Please pray for my family to find Jesus & to stay with Him; they are ALL so very lost! I need great miracles to happen in my life. I need to go back to Holy Communiom; I can't until I get my marriage blessed. I WILL NOT bless my marriage, because I have no marriage to bless. My husband abuses me & has done so for 28 yrs. He doesn't respect me at all and he lets my children do the same. I want & need to somehow leave this man. I am SO VERY TIRED of how this man treats me; I'm so very scared...I NEED MORE FAITH!!! I can't go back to work due to health issues. I am stuck & have nowhere to turn; except the power of prayer, God's mercy, & His grace!! I NEED GREAT MIRACLES!!! May God hear & answer all the prayers posted on here. May I (We) have the honor of having your intercession, and the prayers of our dearly, beloved, Mother Mary, and ALL the angels & Saints! Amen!!! P.S. THANK-YOU!!!

8. Paula

Dear Saint Katherine, Thank you for the miracle from the Xth Station of the Cross. God is Love and Diana loves God. Guide and shield her she is God's child protected by Our Lord's Crown of Thorns and the Sorrowful Immaculate Heart of Mary.

9. chet bas

happy feast day St. Catherine of Siena, please protect our homes and us from fire. thank you

10. Mary Ann Catherine Williamson

My dear,dear friend &Patron Saint, Catherine of Sienna-----my poor family had a Jewish Benefactor for the past 38 years-----our Jewish relative was born on the feast day of St. Catherine of Sienna----I have always believed that it was St. Catherine who gave him to our family. Mary Ann Catherine

11. Jennah

St. Catherine, pray for the lost and the poor of our streets. May God provide for them all they need. Specially those who lost their jobs and homes.

12. Kathleen Chesney

St. Catherine, you are my patron saint, I pray to you, please heal me of my affictions. I also pray for my twin sister, for her health, for my son, that he come back to our mother church. For Bonnie Sykes, and Adrianne, that the cancer in their bodies leave them. For my brother, that he live a long life, cancer free, and lastly for my younger sister, that she live a long life, and her daughter Katherine seek medical help for her mental health, and realizes her mother is not her enemy, but loves her and is only there to help her.I also pray you open Marty and Eric's eyes and heart to the needs of others. They have the means, help him to give without counting the cost, to be open to love others, above themselves.
    I ask that you bring these obstacles to our precious Lord, nothing is too much for him. Thank you and praise his name. Amen

13. Trudy

Dear St. Catherine,
    I am very worried about my son. He is an RN at a very good hospital in Washington, DC. He worked hard to get his degree and is very good at what he does. Recently, he joined a non-denominational Christian church (he was raised Roman Catholic and went all the way from K-12 in Catholic schools). The church which he joined just asked him to leave nursing and work for them in their technical department. He is actually considering this move. His Dad and I are devastated. We live in Michigan so we do not see him alot. Not only is he not a practicing Catholic, he now wants to abandon his education. I started to search for Patron Saints of nurses and was astonished to find you. He has a twin sister whose Patron Saint is Catherine of Siena. I cannot help but feel that this is more than coincidence. Please St. Catherine, please intercede for my son that he come back to the Catholic Church and that he use his God-given talents.
    Any one else reading this, please say a prayer for my son. I truly believe in the power of prayer.

14. Breana

If you're interested in St. Catherine, I highly suggest reading Louis De Wohl' s book about her, Set All Afire. I recently read it and was deeply moved by Catherine' s life. I began praying to her, asking that she pray for me, my family, the world. Then, one day I was in a rush and prayed that she pray for me to grow in my love for God and then promptly forgot about the whole thing. Later that day, I broke down and began crying. I continued to talk to my mom and realized that I had been under a serious delusion, one that was keeping me from God. Then, I noticed that throughout the week God had been trying to show it to me through little things, but I had been too blind to see that. I was overjoyed when I figured it out and a bit scared that St. Catherine' s intercession for me had.... worked. It made prayer seem real to me again. The point of this long comment is that I think that Catherine wants to work miracles for us, intercede for us. See, during her life she "laid siege to Heaven" for herself and for others through prayer. She' s in Heaven now... imagine how eager she is to help us get there.

15. Diana

Dear St. Catherine:

Thank you for the prayers answered. You have interceded to help me keep my pregnancy going and prevent a miscarriage. I will remember you forever. You have filled my heart hope. Please keep me in your heart, that I may be a great mother to my children always, and that they walk in the path of the Lord.
    Amen

16. Annie Dietrich

I had st. catherine as my confirmation saint on Sunday

17. Lisa

This helped me so much with my confirmation saint report! Pray for me, St. Catherine of Siena! :)

18. chet bas

happy belated feast day St. Catherine of Siena

19. Cathy

I was named after you St. Catherine of Siena...Please watch over my family and myself always. Happy Feast Day!!!!

20. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Catherine of Sienna, please pray for me.