St. Patrick Comments

St. Patrick of Ireland is one of the world's most popular saints. Apostle of Ireland, born at Kilpatrick, near Dumbarton, in Scotland, in the year 387; died at Saul, Downpatrick, Ireland, 17 March, 461. Along with St. Nicholas and St. Valentine, the secular world shares our love of these saints. This is also a day when everyone's Irish. There are many legends and stories of St. Patrick, but this is his story. Patrick was born ... Continue Reading

1. Catholic

Saint Patrick, pray for us!

2. John Uthayakumar Krishnan

Dear St. Patrick,

Please pray for the people of Japan and others suffering throughtout the world. Thank you.

Amen

3. Becky

Um, Tommy...you are being very disrespectful. You have no proof, you give no resources, no evidence, you just make outrageous and hateful statements. This was not appropriate.

4. tommy

umm. I am a Pagan, and find it offensive that this figure has been celebrated for so long for doing things that are not talked about. For instance, Druids did not have slaves, how can a person that shuts himself from society have a slave? impossible. Druids were holy men, they were not evil voodoo practicing magicians, they loved the earth and loved science, and they also loved God, they just called God by different names.

Patrick killed enslaved and raped the Irish that did not convert. I love how the Catholics leave that part out, considering the fact that the early Britain made war on Ireland and enslaved Irish tribes into their army and slaughtered the resistance, it hardly surprises me that bit of info is left out. after all, history is not made from the whole truth, just the truth the Victor wishes you to hear.

5. Stephanie Venable

Thanks for helping me explain St. Patrick to my third graders.

6. Marie Anne

Martin, Scotland IS part of Great Britain.

7. xenostse

Are there any records or rumors of the miracles he performed while he was alive? That would be interesting to learn.

8. Kara Russo

I love you St. Patrick! Please pray for me and watch over me and help guide me!

9. Rev. Forrest

Or better yet, pray to God. He can protect us from the snakes and the pagans and more. After all, St. Patrick would nhave not bothered with the snakes (animals) seeing as he was fighting against the druids and there believes. And agree with Elaine, the numbers of dates and ages do not add up. We have to becareful not to turn a wonderful man of God into a god of man and a add myths as facts to history.

10. Harold Das

Interesting and learning information.
    Let us pary for piece in the world through him.

11. thomas

:O I'm Hungary 4 turkey!

12. Elaine

I just want to let you know that the numbers don't ad up. If St. Patrick went to Ireland in 433 and died in 461, he couldn't have preached there for 40 years. It totals 28 actually. You may want to make a correction there. I appreciate being able to find this information on-line though. Thank You.

13. Martin

Pity this site claims St Patrick was born in Scotland and the Daily Roman Missal claims him to be born in Great Britain. What I found interesting is either way you look at it he was not Irish born.

How great it would be if we should all have the teaching power found in this great saint?

God Bless All.

14. deven

totally worth of seaching St. patrick day

15. Rev. Meg Schramm

St. Patrick driving the snakes out of Ireland has nothing to do with the animal. The symbol of the Druids is the snake. St. Patrick stopped paganism by driving the Druids out of Ireland and establishing Christianity there. If anyone is afraid of snakes and wants to pray to St. Patrick when they see one, go for it; I wish you well. I think it would be more effective to pray to St. Patrick to help relieve the world from its present day paganism, as well as protection from all those people who will use his feast day as an excuse to drink green beer and Irish Car Bombs and then try to drive home! Have a safe day today!!

16. deven

totally worth of seaching St. patrick day

17. Grace

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

18. Patrick M

Dear St Patrick,

Thank You for inspiring my parents in keeping your name on my birthday this day.....I pray you guide and bless me through my sojourn in my sordid life

19. Anthony UK

Greetings

I am proud to be Irish this day but even prouder to be a Catholic. A man taken as a slave only to return and change an entire country through the words of The Lord. Is there anything as beautiful and profound as tales such as this? St Patrick, pray for me that I might have the means to return home. Amen

Anthony UK

20. Seun Arabi

This is huge !!!
    happy Feast day all.
    I pray that more souls shall be brought to Christ through us. Amen.
    Saint Patrick, pray for us.