St. Patrick Comments

St. Patrick of Ireland is one of the world's most popular saints. Apostle of Ireland, born at Kilpatrick, near Dumbarton, in Scotland, in the year 387; died at Saul, Downpatrick, Ireland, 17 March, 461. Along with St. Nicholas and St. Valentine, the secular world shares our love of these saints. This is also a day when everyone's Irish. There are many legends and stories of St. Patrick, but this is his story. Patrick was born ... Continue Reading

1. cole

cool

2. Keenan

Dear Saint Patrick, please pray for my grandparents, may they have a wonderful life in heavan.

3. harleyg

I am doing a project on St Patrick YOUR AMAZING

4. mary patricia

St, Patrick - i pray that you will intercede to Jesus on my behalf for my son Stephen. In his younger days he was a faithful servant to God in our faith, and my prayer now is to guard his body, soul, mind and spirit. I pray for all of God's abundant blessings for him, and that he learns again to thank God and acknowledge that God is responsible for all that is good in his life. St. Patrick, pray for us.

5. obama

I LOVE YOU ST PATRICK

6. reis fuglsang

hay st patricks is a cool cat

7. Philippe the Scribe's Apprentice

This has been extremely helpful to me, as I am doing a project on this wonderful saint, but would someone please explain why people drink so much on St. Patrick's Day? Or is that just an Irish thing?Anyone able to find the answer to this will help me get out of confusion.

8. TYLER

SAINT PATRICK,GIVE ME STRENGH WITH MY DIABETES!

9. Melissa

To Anthony UK, I too am grateful for my Irish roots. I may be a year late in this response, and you may never see it, but remember Joseph from the Old Testament? He was sold into slavery by his 11 brothers, thrown in jail, and he ended up leading Egypt through a turbulent time. He changed the course of the entire nation. I admire both and wanted to answer your question.

Quote:Anthony UK
    "Greetings I am proud to be Irish this day but even prouder to be a Catholic. A man taken as a slave only to return and change an entire country through the words of The Lord. Is there anything as beautiful and profound as tales such as this? St Patrick, pray for me that I might have the means to return home. Amen Anthony UK"

10. This is cool

I like the saint and i also like saint paul to!

11. Isaiah

im doing this saint for my projet!

12. boss

help me so much

13. patrick

i prayed for my brother to help him with his ingueries

14. alex johnson

i pray for my family and my friends..... but i dont have any friends. please help me find some.

15. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Patrick, Patron of Ireland, please pray for me.

16. Gabriela

St. Patrick, please pray for me. May my prayer life be strengthened.

17. janet

please saint patrick pray for healing my son i saw you in my dream if you were so help and heal my son and if you wernt in my dream so its a good chance to know you and ask you to pray for healing my son thank you

18. Son of the Rock

There is a lot of confusion about whether or not St Patrick was Scottish or Welsh. This relates also to the Arthurian legends due to the fact that there was no Scotland nor Wales at the time. Dumbarton was the capital of Strahclyde which ran from the Clyde in the north down through what is now northern England and west into what is now Wales. Inhabitants of Strathclyde spoke Ancient Welsh. As Dumbarton was the capital it was more than likely the original Camelot. Unlike most other places who claim this distinction Dumbarton has all the elements necessary to fill the criteria. When the Anglo Saxon tribes threatened Dumbarton relics and written works were transported south via the Clyde and Irish Sea to Wales for safekeeping. Hence the confusion that these legends and people were Welsh. Dumbarton was a Roman fortress at the northern most point of its empire, the fortress was built on a volcanic plug (Excalibur) and there is the legendary Loch Lomond just a few miles north wherein there are islands in which some ancient kings are buried. Kilpatrick near Dumbarton was the western end of the Antonine Wall and the oldest settlement to contain the name Patrick.As Southern Scotland was Christian at the time of St Patrick and Wales was not it makes sense that he came from Scotland. The name 'Glasgow' is from ancient Welsh too.

19. OliveBranch

May God hold you in the hollow of his hand....Happiest of St. Patrick's Day.

20. chet bas

happy feast day st patrick! thank you for guiding me and mom when we visited ireland. please help me to pass all my exams and help my mom with her problems. thank you